What do Software Engineer Apprentices do?
On the job, you will work as part of a larger team, interacting with a number of aspects of an application: coding, design, deployment and testing.
You’ll need to be able to interpret design documentation and specifications. Your customer requirements will typically be defined and agreed upon by more experienced or specialist members of the team.
If you’re great at maths and logical reasoning, and a methodical problem solver with attention to detail, this is for you.
What will I learn?
- Introduction to Software Development
- Building Responsive Web Applications
- Automation Software Quality
- Design and DevOps
- Microservices and APIs
What qualifications will I get?
- Software Developer Level 4 Apprenticeship
How long does the apprenticeship take?
What are my career prospects?
You could be a Web Developer, Application Developer or a Software Developer.
What’s my future salary potential?
£53,000 (average salary according to Glassdoor)
Am I eligible?
- Level 3 Software apprenticeship, or
- A Level in a STEM* subject and successful completion of our Aptitude Test, or
- BTech Diploma in IT and successful completion of our Aptitude Test, or
- 2 years’ experience in a relevant role and successful completion of our Aptitude Test
*STEM within the Technology and Maths fields only.