What’s the job like?
Software development technicians build simple software applications – they could be web, mobile or desktop. You’ll work in a team, contributing your part to large software development projects.
Part of the job, is interpreting simple design requirements – understanding what’s required and how you’re going to create it.
Teamwork is key. You’ll work with code that other people in your team have developed, to produce your part of the project.
Like to get things working? You’ll also test your component to make sure it does what it’s supposed to do.
What will I learn?
- Python and SQL Basics
- Object Oriented Programming
- Web Fundamentals
- Systems Development
- Databases and Coding on the Cloud
What qualification will I get?
- BCS Certificate in Software Development Context and Methodologies
- BCS Certificate in Programming
- Level 3 Software Development Technician apprenticeship
What are my career prospects?
You could work in varied junior developer roles like: Software Development Technician, Junior Developer, Junior App Developer, Junior Software Developer, Junior App Support Analyst, Junior Programmer, Assistant Programmer or Automated Test Developer
Am I eligible?
You need to have:
- Five GCSEs (or equivalent) in any subject at grade 4 or above
- GCSE Maths (or equivalent) at grade 4 or above
- GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade 3 or above
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or a higher level than this apprenticeship.
Our latest apprenticeship vacancies
Accounts Administration Apprentice
Administration Assistant Apprentice
Apprentice Account Manager
Apprentice ICT Consultant
Apprentice ICT Technician
Apprentice IT Service Desk Analyst
Apprentice IT/AV Support Technician
Apprentice Lettings Assistant
Apprentice Service Desk Engineer
Apprentice UI/UX Designer