What’s the job like?
Software developers are the behind the scenes creators of your favourite games, apps and websites.
You’ll be a coding expert. And, you’ll love getting to the bottom of problems – using logic and your creative flair.
Normally software developers work in a team, owning parts of a larger project – getting involved from start to finish.
You’ll be able to interpret software designs and specifications – understanding what is needed and how to create it. You’ll build high-quality code for lots of different types of software. You’ll also do things like creating simple data models, developing user interfaces, debugging broken code – and more.
What will I learn?
- Introduction to Software Development
- Building Responsive Web Applications
- Big Data and Artificial Intelligence
- Design and DevOps
- Software Craft
- Microservices and APIs
What qualifications will I get?
- Software Developer Level 4 Apprenticeship
- BCS Diploma in Software Development Methodologies
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA): HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals
Am I eligible?
- You must have completed a Software Developer Level 3 apprenticeship with QA or have an equivalent qualification from a different training provider
- You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same, or higher level than this apprenticeship
Our latest apprenticeship vacancies
Accounts Administration Apprentice
Administration Assistant Apprentice
Apprentice Account Manager
Apprentice ICT Consultant
Apprentice ICT Technician
Apprentice IT Service Desk Analyst
Apprentice IT/AV Support Technician
Apprentice Lettings Assistant
Apprentice Service Desk Engineer
Apprentice UI/UX Designer