What’s the job like?
Software developers are the behind the scenes creators of your favourite games, apps and websites.
You’ll be a coding expert. And, you’ll love getting to the bottom of problems – using logic and your creative flair.
Normally software developers work in a team, owning parts of a larger project – getting involved from start to finish.
You’ll be able to interpret software designs and specifications – understanding what is needed and how to create it. You’ll build high-quality code for lots of different types of software. You’ll also do things like creating simple data models, developing user interfaces, debugging broken code – and more.
What will I learn?
- Introduction to Software Development
- Building Responsive Web Applications
- Big Data and Artificial Intelligence
- Design and DevOps
- Software Craft
- Microservices and APIs
What qualifications will I get?
- Software Developer Level 4 Apprenticeship
- BCS Diploma in Software Development Methodologies
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA): HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals
Am I eligible?
- You must have completed a Software Developer Level 3 apprenticeship with QA or have an equivalent qualification from a different training provider
- You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same, or higher level than this apprenticeship
Our latest apprenticeship vacancies
IT Technical Apprentice
1st Line IT Support Analyst Apprentice
1st Line Support Apprentice
1st/2nd Line Support Technician Apprentice
Apprentice Data Analyst
Apprentice Data Management Analyst
Apprentice Digital Transformation Assistant
Apprentice I.T Technician
Apprentice IT Engineer