What’s the job like?
If you want to get behind the scenes of your favourite app or website, this apprenticeship is for you.
Gain the qualifications, technical skills and practical experience to be a developer – designing, testing and maintaining software and web systems.
It’s a two-part programme – progressing your skills to a higher level once you’ve mastered the essentials (but you can choose to stop after part one if you like).
What will I learn?
- Specialise in C#, Java or Open Source
- Investigating and defining customer requirements
- Software design fundamentals
- Object-oriented computer programming
- Event-driven computer programming
- Testing IT and Telecoms systems
- Diagnosing faults in IT and Telecoms systems
- Data modelling
- Web development and software
- Database software
- Soft skills including communications skills and customer care
What qualifications will I get?
- Modern apprenticeship including SQA diploma for IT and Telecommunication Professionals at SCQF Level 6, plus core skills and the potential to complete vendor qualifications
- Technical apprenticeship including SQA diploma for IT and Telecommunication Professionals at SCQF Level 8, plus career skills and the potential to complete vendor qualifications
Am I eligible?
You need to:
- Be aged 16 – 24
- Be eligible to live and work in the UK
Our latest apprenticeship vacancies
IT Technical Apprentice
1st Line IT Support Analyst Apprentice
1st Line Support Apprentice
1st/2nd Line Support Technician Apprentice
Apprentice Data Analyst
Apprentice Data Management Analyst
Apprentice Digital Transformation Assistant
Apprentice I.T Technician
Apprentice IT Engineer