What’s the job like?
DevOps create best practices and principles and as a result simplify and accelerate development cycles.
You’ll implement and facilitate the use of DevOps practices within a business. This encompasses multiple stages of the software development life cycle and subsequent continuous delivery of a product. Helping your organisation to continuously deliver high-quality software.
Team work and collaboration are key. As part of a larger team you’ll have an understanding of both development and technical operations in order to streamline communication between teams.
What will I learn?
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- HTML, Java Script and ASP .Net MVC Level3
- Systems Development Essentials
- Databases and SQL, Python
- Managing Modern Desktops
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2016
- Linux Fundamentals
What qualifications will I get?
- Technical Apprenticeship including SQA Diploma for IT and Telecommunication Professional at SCQF Level 8
- Two career Skills at SCQF7 in Customer Service and Professional Development
How long does the apprenticeship take?
12 - 14 months
What are my career prospects?
Empowering roles such as:
- DevOps Software Technician
- Automation Technician
- Build Technician
What’s my future salary potential?
£26,000 (junior DevOps role JobSite.co.uk)
Am I eligible?
You need to have:
- Level 6 Software or Networking qualification
- Or 2 years *work experience in a relevant role and will need to successfully complete our Aptitude Test
*Work Experience – must be recent and completed in the past 2-3 years:
- IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line etc.
- Software Development roles