What’s the job like?
DevOps create best practices and principles and as a result simplify and accelerate development cycles.
You’ll implement and facilitate the use of DevOps practices within a business. This encompasses multiple stages of the software development life cycle and subsequent continuous delivery of a product. Helping your organisation to continuously deliver high-quality software.
Team work and collaboration are key. As part of a larger team you’ll have an understanding of both development and technical operations in order to streamline communication between teams.
What will I learn?
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- HTML, Java Script and ASP .Net MVC Level3
- Systems Development Essentials
- Databases and SQL, Python
- Managing Modern Desktops
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2016
- Linux Fundamentals
What qualifications will I get?
- Technical Apprenticeship including SQA Diploma for IT and Telecommunication Professional at SCQF Level 8
- Two career Skills at SCQF7 in Customer Service and Professional Development
Am I eligible?
You need to have:
- Level 6 Software or Networking qualification
- Or 2 years *work experience in a relevant role and will need to successfully complete our Aptitude Test
*Work Experience – must be recent and completed in the past 2-3 years:
- IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line etc.
- Software Development roles
Our latest apprenticeship vacancies
1st Line Tech Support Apprentice
Academy Network Engineer Apprentice
Account Technology Strategist
Accounts and Finance Apprentice
Administration Coordinator Apprentice
Apprentice DevSecOps Engineer
Apprentice Digital Services Designer (Degree)
Apprentice Finance Assistant
Apprentice IT Assistant
Apprentice IT Engineer