What’s the job like?
DevOps Engineers create best practices and principles and as a result simplify and accelerate development cycles.
You’ll implement and facilitate the use of DevOps practices within a business. This encompasses multiple stages of the software development life cycle and subsequent continuous delivery of a product. Helping your organisation to continuously deliver high-quality software.
Team work and collaboration are key. As part of a larger team you’ll have an understanding of both development and technical operations in order to streamline communication between teams.
What will I learn?
- DevOps Culture and Methodologies
- Coding Fundamentals
- Networking and Security
- Linux and DevOps Tooling
- DevOps Infrastructure
- Cloud Computing Specialisation
- Consolidation, Preparation and Assessment (Online)
What qualifications will I get?
Level 4 DevOps Engineer
How long does the apprenticeship take?
What are my career prospects?
You could work in a variety of DevOps roles like: Infrastructure Engineer; Platform Engineer; Reliability Engineer; Site Reliability Engineer; Build and Release Engineer; Automation Engineer or Deployment Engineer.
What’s my future salary potential?
£22,000 (junior DevOps role glassdoor)
Am I eligible?
You need to have:
- A Level 3 Software apprenticeship qualification
- Or A Level in a STEM* subject and successful completion of our Aptitude Test
- Or BTEC Diploma in IT and successful completion of our Aptitude Test
- Or 2 years *work experience in a relevant role and will need to successfully complete our Aptitude Test
*STEM: within the Technology and Maths fields only
*Work Experience – must be recent and completed in the past 2-3 years:
- IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line etc.
- Software Development roles