What’s the job like?
DevOps Engineers create best practices and principles and as a result simplify and accelerate development cycles.
You’ll implement and facilitate the use of DevOps practices within a business. This encompasses multiple stages of the software development life cycle and subsequent continuous delivery of a product. Helping your organisation to continuously deliver high-quality software.
Team work and collaboration are key. As part of a larger team you’ll have an understanding of both development and technical operations in order to streamline communication between teams.
What are my career prospects?
You could work in a variety of DevOps roles like: Infrastructure Engineer; Platform Engineer; Reliability Engineer; Site Reliability Engineer; Build and Release Engineer; Automation Engineer or Deployment Engineer.
Am I eligible?
You need to have:
- A Level 3 Software apprenticeship qualification
- Or A Level in a STEM* subject and successful completion of our Aptitude Test
- Or BTEC Diploma in IT and successful completion of our Aptitude Test
- Or 2 years *work experience in a relevant role and will need to successfully complete our Aptitude Test
*STEM: within the Technology and Maths fields only
*Work Experience – must be recent and completed in the past 2-3 years:
- IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line etc.
- Software Development roles
Our latest apprenticeship vacancies
IT Technical Apprentice
1st Line IT Support Analyst Apprentice
1st Line Support Apprentice
Apprentice Data Analyst
Apprentice Data Management Analyst
Apprentice Digital Transformation Assistant
Apprentice I.T Technician
Apprentice IT Analyst
Apprentice IT Engineer