What does a data analyst apprentice do?
Data analysts take data and translate the numbers into plain English – to help others make better (and important) business decisions.
You’ll collect, organise and study data – exploring it to find the hidden gems of crucial information. Then you’ll present it – either visually (in graphs or tables), in writing, or by talking it through. And you’ll make recommendations guided by what you find.
You’ll understand data structures – database systems and procedures – and use a whole range of analytical tools.
Data analysts work on tonnes of different projects – for different people (it could be for the management board of the company, or for a customer). And you can work in any industry – you’ll be in demand.
If you’re curious – analytical – a good communicator. Love maths and getting into the detail. This is for you.
What will I learn?
- Data Analysis and Visualisation
- SQL and Data Modelling
- Data Analysis with Python
- Data Architectures
- Introduction to Data Science
- Data Analysis Tools and Concepts Assessment
What qualifications will I get?
- Data Analyst Level 4 Apprenticeship
- BCS Certificate in Data Analysis Concepts
- BCS Certificate in Data Analysis Tools
Am I eligible?
You need to have:
- GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent) at grade 4 or above
- Two A-levels (including Maths or ICT)
- or a Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- or an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- or a BTEC Extended Diploma in ICT (180 credits)
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
Mandatory software needed to complete this programme:
- Tableau Public – download here – current version 10.x
- Power BI Desktop – download here – current version 2.x
- UMLet (free VISIO alternative) – download here - current version 14.2.
- SQL Server – download here – current version 2017 Express Edition
- SQL Server Management Studio – download here – current version 17.x
- Visual Studio Community Edition - download here - The Python and R options should be added
- The latest Python can be downloaded and installed from here
Our latest apprenticeship vacancies
IT Technical Apprentice
1st Line IT Support Analyst Apprentice
1st Line Support Apprentice
Apprentice Data Analyst
Apprentice Data Management Analyst
Apprentice Digital Transformation Assistant
Apprentice I.T Technician
Apprentice IT Analyst
Apprentice IT Engineer