What’s the job like?
Any computer connected to the internet is vulnerable to attacks. So cyber security is a big deal – important to businesses and society.
You’ll learn how to be on the front line of information security – fighting cyber threats and protecting systems and employees from harm.
You’ll use logic and your creative skills to keep one step ahead of hackers and cyber criminals.
You’ll gain a mix of technical skills in digital security, so you’re prepared to tackle the challenges of this rapidly growing industry – and progress your career in cyber security.
It’s a two-part programme – progressing your skills to a higher level once you’ve mastered the essentials (but you can choose to stop after part one if you like).
What will I learn?
- Ethical hacking
- Penetration testing
- Microsoft Windows 10 and other client operating systems
- Mobility solutions such as Microsoft Intune
- Securing devices and networks
- Cyber Security Fundamentals
- CompTia Network+
- CompTia Security+
What qualifications will I get?
- Technical apprenticeship including SQA diploma in Information Security at SCQF Level 8, plus Career Skills and Vendor qualifications
Am I eligible?
You need to:
- Be aged 16 – 24
- Be eligible to live and work in the UK
Our latest apprenticeship vacancies
Apprentice Staff Technology Engineer
IT Service Desk Apprentice
Security Operations Centre Apprentice
1st Line Support Apprentice
1st line Support Engineer Apprentice
Accounts Administration Assistant Apprentice
Apprentice – Deskside Support Engineer
Apprentice IT Helpdesk Technician
Apprentice Service Desk Engineer