What’s the job like?
Any computer connected to the internet is vulnerable to attacks. So cyber security is a big deal – important to businesses and society.
Cyber security technologists are on the front line of information security – you’ll fight cyber threats – protecting systems and employees from harm.
Using logic, and your creative skills, you’ll keep one step ahead of hackers and cyber criminals.
You could work in technical areas like security design, testing, investigations and response. Or, you could work in risk analysis on cyber operations, risk, governance and compliance. Either way, you’ll make technology secure, and safe.
What will I learn?
- Cyber and Open Source Intelligence
- Networking Fundamentals
- Security Fundamentals
- Introduction to Cyber Security
- A Practical Introduction to Cryptography
- Employing Cryptography
- Security Architecture
- Building a Security Case, and
- Security Technology Building Blocks
- Cyber Security Technologist Level 4 Apprenticeship
- BCS Level 4 Certificate in Cyber Security Introduction
- BCS Level 4 Award in Network and Digital Communications Theory
- BCS Level 4 Certificate in Employment of Cryptography
- BCS Level 4 Certificate in Security Case Development and Design Good Practice
- BCS Level 4 Certificate in Security Technology Building Blocks
What are my career prospects?
You could work in many cyber or information security roles, like: Cyber Security Analyst, Cyber Operations Manager, Penetration Tester, Information Security Officer or Information Security Architect
Am I eligible?
You need to have:
- A-Levels in Software/Computing
- or a Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- or an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- or a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
Our latest apprenticeship vacancies
Apprentice Staff Technology Engineer
IT Service Desk Apprentice
Security Operations Centre Apprentice
1st Line Support Apprentice
1st line Support Engineer Apprentice
Accounts Administration Assistant Apprentice
Apprentice – Deskside Support Engineer
Apprentice IT Helpdesk Technician
Apprentice Service Desk Engineer