What’s the job like?
Any computer connected to the internet is vulnerable to attacks. So cyber security is a big deal – important to businesses and society.
Cyber security technologists are on the front line of information security – you’ll fight cyber threats – protecting systems and employees from harm.
Using logic, and your creative skills, you’ll keep one step ahead of hackers and cyber criminals.
You could work in technical areas like security design, testing, investigations and response. Or, you could work in risk analysis on cyber operations, risk, governance and compliance. Either way, you’ll make technology secure, and safe.
What will I learn?
- Ethical hacking and penetration testing
- Cryptography and encryption
- Open source intelligence
- ISO 27001: 2013 security standard
- Cyber Security Technologist Level 4
- BCS Level 4 Certificate in Cyber Security Introduction
- BCS Level 4 Certificate in Network and Digital Communications Theory
- BCS Level 4 Certificate in Security Case Development and Design Good Practice
- BCS Level 4 Certificate in Security Technology Building Blocks
- BCS Level 4 Certificate in Employment of Cryptography
- EC-Council Ethical Hacking Associate
- EC-Council Cyber Forensics Associate
What are my career prospects?
You could work in many cyber or information security roles, like: Cyber Operations Manager, Security Architect, Penetration Tester, Risk Analyst, Cyber Security Specialist, Forensics and Incident Response Analyst or Information Security Officer.
Am I eligible?
You need to have:
- A-Levels in Software/Computing
- or a Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- or an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- or a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
Our latest apprenticeship vacancies
Infrastructure Technician Level 3 Apprentice
Infrastructure Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship
IS Business Analyst Apprentice (Liverpool)
IS Business Analyst Apprentice (Newcastle)
IS Business Analyst Apprentice (Telford)
IT & Business Systems Apprentice
IT & Telecoms Apprenticeship
IT Apprentice (Group Systems)