What’s the job like?
This degree apprenticeship is designed to enhance and accelerate your cyber skills. It will help you to identify and understand the types of cyber security threats we face in our digital world and how you can solve them as a cyber security technologist.
Some of your learning will be classroom based, but you will also have the benefit of work - based activities, digital and blended learning solutions and online resources.
Alongside your course, you will also be completing an apprenticeship. The work - based learning approach will allow you to apply your skills and knowledge within a business and organisational context.
What will I learn?
You will develop skills that span across Level 4, 5 and 6 including
- Human Computer Interaction and Cyber Security
- Software Development
- Ethical Hacking
- Web and Mobile Application Security
- Digital Forensics and Incident Handling
- Cyber Offensive Defence
What qualifications will I get?
A BSc (Hons) Cyber Security Technical Professional Degree awarded by Northumbria University.
How long does the degree take?
This is a 4 year course that consists of part - time, blended and classroom based learning. You will also be completing an apprenticeship alongside your studies.
What are my career prospects?
You could work in many cyber or information security roles, like: Cyber Research Analyst, Cyber Incident Manager, Cyber Security Engineer, Cyber Security Design Engineer, Cyber Risk Manager or Cyber Risk Analyst.
Am I eligible?
You need to have:
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade C, 4 or equivalent (if you don't, you will be able to complete Level 2 Maths and English as part of the programme)
- A-Levels in Software/Computing
- or a Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- or an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- or a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
- Applicants who can demonstrate their ability to benefit from the programme in other ways (for example mature students without formal qualifications) will always be considered and will be invited to contact the Programme Leader to discuss their application.
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
Our latest apprenticeship vacancies
Apprentice IT Service Desk Analyst
Data Analyst Apprentice
1st Line Support Apprentice
1st line Support Engineer Apprentice
3rd Line Support Technician Apprentice
Apprentice Digital Marketing Executive
Apprentice ICT Consultant - Wandsworth
Apprentice IT Technician
Apprentice Oracle System Analyst
Business Analyst Apprentice