What does a Cloud Network Specialist Apprentice do?
On the job you will be responsible for the installation of Network cabling and hardware.
Sometimes it might be that you’re installing cloud services to support a business expansion and provide better network services. If so, you will use network management tools to collect and report on load and performance statistics to improve network performance.
If you’re technical, methodical and a good communicator. Natural problem solver, with good time management and people skills. This is for you.
What will I learn?
- Introduction and Core IT Principles
- Core Cloud & Networking Principles
- Network Architecture and Security
- AWS, Azure & Advanced Networking Principles
What qualifications will I get?
- Information Communications Technician Level 3
How long does the apprenticeship take?
What are my career prospects?
You could be a Network Support Technician, Data Centre Support Technician, Network Operative, or IT Field Technician.
What’s my future salary potential?
£36,978 (average salary according to Glassdoor)
Am I eligible?
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
Experience (if the learner can’t meet the qualification requirements):
- Those working in the tech industry e.g. having 6 months plus of experience working in any IT position or 1 year plus work experience in any other profession or sector and able to demonstrate working towards Level 2 in Maths and English.