What’s the job like?
Software developers are the behind the scenes creators of your favourite games, apps and websites.
You’ll be a coding expert. And, you’ll love getting to the bottom of problems – using logic and your creative flair.
Normally software developers work in a team, owning parts of a larger project – getting involved from start to finish.
You’ll be able to interpret software designs and specifications – understanding what is needed and how to create it. You’ll build high-quality code for lots of different types of software. You’ll also do things like creating simple data models, developing user interfaces, debugging broken code – and more.
What will I learn?
You’ll choose to specialise in either advanced C# or Java, and also cover:
- Test-driven development
- Understanding algorithms
- Developing web applications
What qualifications will I get?
- Software Developer Level 4
- BCS Level 4 Diploma in Software Languages
- BCS Systems Development Essentials
Am I eligible?
- You must have completed a Software Developer Level 3 apprenticeship with QA or have an equivalent qualification from a different training provider
- You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same, or higher level than this apprenticeship
Our latest apprenticeship vacancies
IT Apprentice - Software Developer
IT Apprentice Engineer
IT Apprentice Technician
IT Developer Apprentice
IT Field Engineer / Service Desk Apprentice