What’s the job like?
Data analysts take data and translate the numbers into plain English – to help others make better (and important) business decisions.
You’ll collect, organise and study data – exploring it to find the hidden gems of crucial information. Then you’ll present it – either visually (in graphs or tables), in writing, or by talking it through. And you’ll make recommendations guided by what you find.
You’ll understand data structures – database systems and procedures – and use a whole range of analytical tools.
Data analysts work on tonnes of different projects – for different people (it could be for the management board of the company, or for a customer). And you can work in any industry – you’ll be in demand.
If you’re curious – analytical – a good communicator. Love maths and getting into the detail. This is for you.
What will I learn?
- Collecting, migrating and interpreting data
- Statistical analysis
- Performance dashboards
- Data visualisation
- Presenting findings
- Making recommendations
What qualifications will I get?
- Data Analyst Level 4
- BCS Level 4 Certificate in Data Analysis Tools
- BCS Level 4 Certificate in Data Analysis Concepts
Am I eligible?
You need to have:
- GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent) at grade 4 or above
- Two A-levels (including Maths or ICT)
- or a Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- or an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- or a BTEC Extended Diploma in ICT (180 credits)
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
Our latest apprenticeship vacancies
I.T Support Technician Apprentice
IT Service Support Apprentice
IT Technician Apprentice
SOP Administrator Apprentice
1st & 2nd line Apprentice Support Engineer – London, Canary Wharf
1st Line IT Support Apprentice
1st Line Support Apprentice
Account Manager Apprentice
Administration & Marketing Apprentice