Senior Instructional Designer / Learning Designer
Swindon OR Cheltenham OR London Based (flexible working considered)
Are you currently a senior instructional designer looking for a fantastic new challenge working within our learning solutions team? Our role will give you the opportunity to work with a full range of blended solutions where you will be responsible to lead on the lifecycle of various projects. Come and join our vibrant, fast paced, growing team where we will help develop and progress your career and skills further.
About our role: As Senior Instructional Designer / Learning Designer you will be responsible for designing and creating engaging and effective learning solutions for QA’s large mainly MOD clients. Working with our Account Managers, you will be involved in the complete lifecycle of blended solutions for QA’s customers: writing proposals, learning needs analysis, designing and creating creative instructional approaches and assessing the outcomes and effectiveness of the learning - ADDIE.
Please note we are looking for the successful candidate to be able to go through DV Clearance – we will take you through this:
Your focus day to day:
- Work closely with Account Managers and Solutions team to understand client requirements and propose solutions to meet their needs
- Design and create engaging and effective solutions leveraging the best of QA’s thought leadership and digital assets
- Develop subject matter expertise aligned to core capabilities and promote QA’s thought leadership on digital solutions
Bring your experience:
- Relevant multimedia or instructional design qualification at degree level
- Experience of developing blended learning, digital learning and mobile learning solutions
- Track record of writing and creating digital learning storyboards, animations and audio scripts
- Experience working in a commercial materials development environment, preferably related to on-line and blended learning
- Strong knowledge of mobile development approaches and technologies
- Working knowledge of digital learning authoring tools including Captivate, Camtasia and Articulate
- Understanding of different learning development techniques and methodologies (formal and informal)
- Excellent written and communication skills (for a range of purposes and audiences); ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Excellent stakeholder management skills to manage customer, account manager and product SME expectations
Your Learning & Development with QA, how can we support you? Naturally you will have a comprehensive Induction Programme organised and you will be introduced to various internal teams and stakeholders. Being a training and education provider, your continuous Learning and Development is of huge importance to us and as an individual contributor, we can agree a suitable Pathway to achieve your goals and aspirations.
More about the Team you will be working with: Working within a team of around 12, we are lively, outgoing and extremely supportive. We are passionate about what we do and aim to provide our clients with exceptional results
Our benefits and values: Learning is not just a service we provide, it’s a way of life at QA, so everyone is eligible for 3 Training Days every year, to focus on subjects they’re interested in.
We offer 2 paid Charity Days each year to support your chosen charity in whatever way you choose AND if you get involved in charity fundraising, QA will also double any sponsorship money raised, up to £250.
We know it’s important to recharge your batteries and enjoy some down time, so we provide a generous 25 days’ holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after 5 years) – with the option to buy more if you wish.
It’s important, too, to plan for the future and our later years, so we offer a defined contribution pension plan and will match your contributions up to a maximum of 4% of your basic salary.
Giving peace of mind we provide by Life Assurance (4x your basic salary) and Permanent Health Insurance (after a qualifying period) in the event that ill health, or worse, disrupts our plans.
And finally, a few fringe benefits to assist with travel and lifestyle choices: Season ticket loan, Cycle to work scheme
Our Company: QA is one of the largest learning services organisations in the UK, developing skills and capabilities for everyone from apprentices to business leaders. Headquartered in London, but with a nationwide network of state-of-the-art training centres, QA Group is comprised of four fast-growing divisions- Learning, Apprenticeships, Consulting and Higher Education- all of which deliver innovative and cutting edge skills solutions to UK organisations.
How to apply and who to contact:
Using the apply link, please submit your details and we will be back in touch shortly. Should you have any queries and wish to speak with us please call Michaela on 01753 898671
We look forward to hearing from you!