IBM Maximo Asset Management 7.5 provides functions you can use to automate work processes related to any application and record type. This 3-day course provides solid, general concepts for you to start developing your own workflow processes. Through hands-on lab exercises, you gain experience with all related development and security applications. If your workflow processes are developed by consultants, this course can facilitate working with those consultants to obtain the optimal value from the product. This course is not intended to teach you how to redesign your business processes. However, a workflow implementation methodology is used throughout the course and can act as a guide for your workflow implementations.
Tivoli Process Automation Engine 7.5 Workflow Design and Implementation
This intermediate-level course is for:
- Workflow implementation team members
- Workflow managers for Service Desk or IBM Tivoli Asset Management for IT operations
- Evaluators of IBM Maximo Asset Manager Workflow for use in their organizations
- IBM Maximo Asset Manager administrators
Students should have:
- Maximo 7.5 Fundamentals (TR571GB) or equivalent experience.
- List the benefits of using workflow to automate the business process for service requests, work orders, purchase requisitions, and purchase orders
- Create a new workflow process by adding nodes and using the Workflow Designer application to connect them
- Use security functions to create data that is needed for assignments, notifications, and application access
- Develop escalations to reassign tasks and to automatically initiate workflow processes
- Configure additional information and records to be used with workflow processes, such as notifications, roles, and actions
- Start a workflow process on a work order and on a service request
- View in-progress workflows
- Use the Workflow Inbox to access and perform task assignments
- Stop processes and reassign tasks using the Workflow Administration application
- Migrate workflow processes using the Migration Manager
- Using process analysis, including a step-by-step approach to implement workflows to automate a business process
- Creating and validating workflows
- Implementing the process, including starting workflow processes, completing assignments, and monitoring the progress of a record through the workflow process
- Using the Inbox area on Start Centers to access and manage assigned tasks
- Setting up security to add person-related and other data for creating roles and application access privileges
- Developing related records that are used with workflow processes, such as notifications, roles, actions, and escalations
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 01753 898320 or email us at email@example.com to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning