This course provides a comprehensive technical overview of the structure and operation of the UMTS air interface protocol stack.
UMTS Air Interface
This course is technical in nature and assumes some knowledge of the UMTS network and its operation, or previous attendance on the UMTS System Overview course (MB350).
- Aims of a UMTS network
- Principles of spread spectrum technology
- Principles of CDMA and the use of codes
- UMTS air interface protocol structure
- Overview of UTRAN protocols
- Functions of Layer 1
- Analysis of physical channels
- Power control
- Later 2 protocols-RLC, MAC and PDCP
- Layer 3 protocol-RRC
- Synchronization and idle mode activities
- Network access and radio network identities
- Connected mode activities
- Handover scenarios
- Transmit diversity
- Security and error protection
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0113 220 7150 or email us at email@example.com to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning