The course covers the essential information and practical skills needed to begin designing mobile and fixed radio systems.
Radio System Design
A good knowledge of radio principles, a background in telecommunications engineering, or attendance on the Radio Principles course (RP1301).
Who should attend?
Those involved in the specification, design, planning, management and maintenance of mobile and fixed radio systems.
- Spectrum regulation - ITU CEPT ECC Ofcom
- Calculating gain, loss and power levels - the decibel
- Calculating noise levels in radio systems
- Interpreting antenna and feeder specifications
- Radio propagation mechanisms
- Radio propagation modelling
- Production of radio path profiles
- Calculating power budgets
- Calculating fade margins
- Diversity systems
- Planning coverage and capacity for mobile systems
- Radio site engineering
- Design a mobile radio system
- Design a fixed radio link
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 01753 898320 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning