An introduction to the principles and techniques that relate to the parameters available in the LTE radio access network. This includes cell configuration, idle mode parameters and connected mode parameters. All elements are reinforced through classroom exercises and tool demonstrations.
This course assumes an engineering background with some knowledge of digital radio systems in general and good knowledge of the LTE air interface structure and operation. Experience of parameter tuning for 2G or 3G systems would be useful.
- Identification of optimization requirements
- The coverage-capacity-quality relationship
- Spectrum availability and utilization
- Drive test tools, performance data and statistics
- Frequency planning scenarios
- Link budget scenarios
- Interference scenarios
- Coverage and capacity related parameters
- Cell configurations and dimensioning
- Idle mode and system access
- Connected mode and radio link control
- Inter-system handovers
- MIMO operation and benefits
- Antennas for LTE cells
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 01753 898320 or email us at email@example.com to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning