A detailed technical description of the Evolved Packet Core (EPC) for LTE systems. This includes EPC architecture and interfaces, service provision concepts, application of IP technologies, overall protocol architectures and (optionally) a review of IMS functionality.
LTE Evolved Packet Core Network
Engineers and other staff involved with switching or transmission architecture, optimization, network management, network testing or monitoring of the EPC.
- High level architecture of LTE
- Functions of the MME, S-GW, PDN-GW, HSS and PCRF
- LTE state diagrams
- Inter-operation with 2G, 3G and non-3GPP networks
- Voice options for LTE
- Principles of bearers and Quality of Service (QoS)
- Data transport in the EPC
- Policy and charging control architecture
- IETF protocols in the EPC, including SCTP, DiffServ and Diameter
- 3GPP protocols in the EPC, including GTP and S1-AP
- Power-on procedures
- UE procedures in idle and connected modes
- Enhancements in LTE-Advanced
- [Optional] Overview of the functions and architecture of the IMS
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0345 074 7998 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning