A technical introduction and overview of LTE and LTE-Advanced, including the air interface, radio access network, core network and other key associated technologies.
LTE Engineering Overview
Familiarity with telecommunications and general engineering terminology is assumed and some understanding of 2G and 3G cellular systems would be beneficial.
- High level architecture of LTE
- Basic principles of OFDMA and SC-FDMA
- Air interface protocol stack
- Structure of the air interface physical layer
- E-UTRAN architecture, interfaces and protocols
- EPC architecture, interfaces and protocols
- LTE state diagrams
- Principles of bearers and Quality of Service (QoS)
- Voice options for LTE
- Power-on procedures
- UE procedures in idle and connected modes
- Enhancements in LTE-Advanced
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 01753 898320 or email us at email@example.com to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning