An essential foundation in the core technologies used in fixed, mobile and IP-based telecoms networks. The fundamentals of networking technologies, such as switching, transmission and signalling and the services that they support are discussed. Next generation networking based on an all-IP environment is also included.
Introduction to Telecoms
Mathematical ability and aptitude for technical subjects, with the intention to progress in a technical role.
Telecoms Evolution Network Components and Services The PSTN and ISDN: access and core networks Basic analogue and digital information concepts Time division multiplexing and switching techniques: Transmission Systems: PDH, SDH, WDM and OTN Mobile Cellular Systems: 2G, 2.5G, 3G and 3.5G Packet-switched Techniques IP, Ethernet, the Internet, ISPs and Internet Services Fixed and Mobile Broadband access technologies Next Generation Fixed and Mobile networks IP Multimedia Subsystem
- Telecoms evolution
- Network components and services
- The PSTN and ISDN: access and core networks
- Basic analogue and digital information concepts
- Time division multiplexing and switching techniques
- Transmission systems: PDH, SDH, WDM and OTN
- Mobile cellular systems: 2G, 2.5G, 3G and 3.5G
- Packet-switched techniques
- IP, Ethernet, the Internet, ISPs and Internet Services
- Fixed and Mobile Broadband access technologies
- Next Generation fixed and mobile networks
- IP Multimedia Subsystem
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0113 220 7150 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning