This course aims to provide a technical overview of the main cellular technologies (2G, GSM 3G UMTS and 4G LTE) in one package. It is ideally suited for technical staff who require a basic understanding of these technologies but who don't need to invest the time required to learn each of them separately.
2G to 4G Mobile Technologies
A basic understanding of telecoms principles would be beneficial.
Who would benefit
This course is suitable for engineering, technical sales, technical management and other staff who require a general technical overview of modern mobile technologies but who do not need to invest the time necessary to learn about each technology in depth.
- An overview of basic radio and cellular techniques and technologies
- Network Generations: network types from 2G to 4G
- 2G networks overview
- An overview of GSM network architecture and functionality
- GSM TDMA air interface operation
- Administrative functions such as Attach, Location Update and Handover
- GPRS and EDGE upgrades to GSM
- GSM services
- 3G networks overview
- An overview of UMTS network architecture and functionality
- UMTS WCDMA air interface operation
- HSPA Upgrade to UMTS
- 4G networks overview
- An overview of LTE network architecture and functionality
- LTE OFDMA air interface operation
- Other mobile technologies: TETRA and WiMax
- Cellular market and future developments
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0113 220 7150 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning