This one-day course provides students with foundational routing knowledge and configuration examples and includes an overview of general routing concepts, routing policy and firewall filters, and class of service (CoS).
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the JUNOS Software and monitoring basic device operations.
Junos Routing Essentials
Students should have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the OSI model and the TCP/IP protocol suite. Students should also attend the Introduction to JUNOS Software (IJS) course prior to attending this class.
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running JUNOS Software.
- After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain basic routing operations and concepts
- View and describe routing and forwarding tables
- Configure and monitor static routing
- Configure and monitor OSPF
- Describe the framework for routing policy and firewall filters
- Explain the evaluation of routing policy and firewall filters
- Identify instances where you might use routing policy
- Write and apply a routing policy
- Identify instances where you might use firewall filters
- Write and apply a firewall filter
- Describe the operation and configuration for unicast reverse path forwarding (RPF)
- Explain the purpose and benefits of class of service (CoS)
- List and explain the various components of CoS
- Implement and verify proper operation of CoS.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Routing Fundamentals Routing Concepts Static Routing Dynamic Routing
Lab 1: Routing Fundamentals
Chapter 3: Routing Policy and Firewall Filters Routing Policy Overview
Case Study: Routing Policy
Lab 2: Routing Policy Firewall Filters Overview
Case Study: Firewall Filters Unicast Reverse-Path-Forwarding
Checks Lab 3: Firewall Filters
Chapter 4: Class of Service CoS Overview Traffic Classification Traffic Queuing Traffic Scheduling
Case Study: CoS
Lab 4: Class of Service
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0113 220 7150 or email us at email@example.com to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning