If both classroom and virtual dates are available for this course please specify your preference when booking.
Implementing and Configuring the Cisco Identity Services Engine
It is recommended that a learning have the following knowledge and skills before attending this course:
- Familiarity with the Cisco IOS® Software command-line interface (CLI)
- Familiarity with Cisco AnyConnect® Secure Mobility Client
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Familiarity with 802.1
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe Cisco ISE deployments, including core deployment components and how they interact to create a cohesive security architecture. Describe the advantages of such a deployment and how each Cisco ISE capability contributes to these advantages.
- Describe concepts and configure components related to 802.1X and MAC Authentication Bypass (MAB) authentication, identity management, and certificate services.
- Describe how Cisco ISE policy sets are used to implement authentication and authorization, and how to leverage this capability to meet the needs of your organization.
- Describe third-party network access devices (NADs), Cisco TrustSec®, and Easy Connect.
- Describe and configure web authentication, processes, operation, and guest services, including guest access components and various guest access scenarios.
- Describe and configure Cisco ISE profiling services, and understand how to monitor these services to enhance your situational awareness about network-connected endpoints. Describe best practices for deploying this profiler service in your specific environment.
- Describe BYOD challenges, solutions, processes, and portals. Configure a BYOD solution, and describe the relationship between BYOD processes and their related configuration components. Describe and configure various certificates related to a BYOD solution.
- Describe the value of the My Devices portal and how to configure this portal.
- Describe endpoint compliance, compliance components, posture agents, posture deployment and licensing, and the posture service in Cisco ISE.
- Describe and configure TACACS+ device administration using Cisco ISE, including command sets, profiles, and policy sets. Understand the role of TACACS+ within the authentication, authentication, and accounting (AAA) framework and the differences between the RADIUS and TACACS+ protocols.
- Migrate TACACS+ functionality from Cisco Secure Access Control System (ACS) to Cisco ISE, using a migration tool.
- Section 1: Introducing Cisco ISE Architecture and Deployment
- Section 2: Cisco ISE Policy Enforcement
- Section 3: Web Auth and Guest Services
- Section 4: Cisco ISE Profiler
- Section 5: Cisco ISE BYOD
- Section 6: Cisco ISE Endpoint Compliance Services
- Section 7: Working with Network Access Devices
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
We have 11 courses available across 3 locations on 6 different dates
EastCall us on 0113 220 7150 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
London3 Locations / 11 coursesView dates
MidlandsCall us on 0113 220 7150 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
NorthCall us on 0113 220 7150 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
ScotlandCall us on 0113 220 7150 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
SouthCall us on 0113 220 7150 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
Attend from AnywhereCall us on 0113 220 7150 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
All locations3 Locations / 11 coursesView dates
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning