This 3-day lecture course will let you get the practical, hands-on experience you need to configure, modify, monitor, and maintain a Pathway system. By the end of the course, you will understand the major Pathway system management functions and have implemented them on an actual system.
Pathway System Management for NonStop Systems
- Concepts and Facilities (U4147S)
- Knowledge of the HP NonStop server requester-server concept
- Describe the components of the Pathway environment and how they relate to an online transaction processing application.
- Configure, start, stop, and monitor the components of a Pathway system.
- Use the utilities necessary in Pathway system management.
- Add terminal control processes (TCPs), terminals, and server classes to a running Pathway system.
- Diagnose and fix problems that occur during the running of a Pathway system.
- Describe the Pathway/iTS subsystem and interaction with iTP WebServer.
- Configure and understand server to server communication using Pathsend.
Module 1 Pathway Introduction
- Online transaction processing (OLTP) in the NonStop server environment
- The requester-server approach to online transaction processing
- The Pathway application and its role in online transaction processing
- Components of the Pathway operational environment
- Tasks a Pathway system manager performs
Module 2 Establishing an Initial Pathway Configuration
- Objects in a Pathway system
- Difference between global and object-specific configuration parameters
- Configuring the global and object-specific parameters
- Building an initial Pathway configuration file
- Lab exercise: Establishing an Initial Pathway Configuration
Module 3 Performing Pathway Operational Tasks
- Interfaces in a Pathway system
- How to start PATHMON and PATHCOM processes
- Cold starting and cool starting a Pathway system
- Starting and stopping the Pathway objects individually
- Monitoring and maintaining a Pathway system
- Shutting down a Pathway system
- Lab exercise: Performing Pathway
- Operational Tasks
Module 4 Refining Your Pathway Configuration
- The importance of Pathway configuration
- Use of SET commands to configure required and optional parameters on Pathway objects
- Configuring Pathway objects using production-type parameters
- Lab exercise: Refining Your Pathway Configuration
Module 5 Managing and Maintaining a Pathway System
- Tasks performed by a Pathway system manager
- Using PATHCOM commands to maintain a Pathway system, and diagnosing and fixing problems in a running Pathway system
- Lab exercise: Managing a Running Pathway System
- Lab exercise: Resolving Pathway Problems
Module 6 Managing Applications
- Major issued relating to managing application code in a Pathway environment
- Practical guidelines for configuring, managing, and monitoring Pathway systems
- Collecting Pathway performance information
- Lab exercise: Managing Application Code
Module 7 Managing Related NonStop Products
- The purpose of NonStop server products related to Pathway applications
- Management-related issues associated with these products
- Appendix A - Tables
- File Status Codes Augmented by Guardian-Err
- Application Profile
- SCREEN-COBOL Send Error Numbers
- Recognizing the Source of Messages on Your
- Log Terminal
- One 6530 terminal emulator capable of multiple sessions with the NonStop server, and having projection capability, for the instructor.
- Onsite-Delivery Equipment Requirements
- A S-series, or Integrity NonStop server with minimum configuration of 2 CPU
- NonStop operating system, version G06.24 or later NonStop S-series servers, H06.06, J06.03 or later for NonStop Integrity servers
- NonStop TS/MP, Pathway TS, NonStop
- Transaction Management Facility (TMF), and COBOL85 software
- One 6530 terminal emulator capable of multiple sessions with the NonStop server per student
- One 6530 terminal emulator capable of multiple sessions with the NonStop server, and having projection capability, for the instructor
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 01753 898320 or email us at email@example.com to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning