- This course teaches you how to use the IML procedure via the programming language. You will benefit from this course if you plan to use SAS/IML for matrix manipulations or if you plan to use it to implement statistical, econometric, or operations research methods.
Introduction to Programming with SAS/IML(R) Software
Before attending this course, you should
- have completed the SAS Programming 1: Essentials course or understand the material within
- possess an understanding of elementary matrix algebra or linear algebra concepts and operations, including matrix dimensions, matrix addition and multiplication, matrix inversion, and scalars.
Who should attend
SAS programmers, statisticians, econometricians, engineers, or others who manipulate data using matrix operators and matrix algebra
Learn how to
- explicitly assign values to a new matrix
- create a matrix from a SAS data set and create a data set from a matrix
- control which rows and columns are read from (or written to) a data set
- use matrix operators and functions in assignment statements
- use IML commands to control the programming environment
- use subscript operators to summarize and subset matrices
- use iterative and conditional processing to control program flow
- write, store, and retrieve IML modules.
- types of matrices
- assigning values to matrices
- control statements
- command statements
- call statements and functions
- assignment statements and operators
- selecting submatrices
- performing row and column reduction
Processing Data Sets
- creating matrices from data sets
- creating data sets from matrices
Developing a SAS/IML Program
- creating modules as subroutines and functions
- iterative processing
- conditional processing
SAS/IML Storage Features
- storing modules and matrices
- loading modules and matrices
Managing Memory and Workspace
This course addresses
SAS IML software.
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 0113 220 7150 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning