This course introduces the SAS Scalable Performance Data Server and provides hands-on experience accessing and creating SPD Server data from SAS.
Accessing Data in the SAS(R) Scalable Performance Data Server(R)
Before attending this course, you should have experience with SAS programming and Structured Query Language. You may gain the necessary SAS knowledge by completing the SAS Programming 1: Essentials and SAS SQL 1: Essentials. An understanding of the SAS macro language and SAS Enterprise Guide is helpful but not required. This knowledge can be acquired by completing the SAS Macro Language 1: Essentials and SAS Enterprise Guide 1: Querying and Reporting, respectively.
Who should attend?
BI Content Developers, Data Integration Developers, and SAS Programmers.
- use the SPD Server LIBNAME engine
- use the SPD Server SQL pass through facility
- write SAS code to optimise the utilisation of SPD Server resources
- use SAS Enterprise Guide to access SPD Server data (Self-Study)
- exploring the platform for SAS Business Analytics
- introduction to the workshop scenario
- introduction to the SAS Scalable Performance Data Server
- SAS Scalable Performance Data Server architecture
- SAS Scalable Performance Data Server security
Using SAS(R) Scalable Performance Data Server Tables
- overview of SPD Server tables and indexes
- using the LIBNAME statement
- using the SQL procedure Pass-Through facility
- subsetting SPD server tables
- using WHERE clauses
- investigating EVAL strategies for where costing (Self Study)
Creating and Utilising Cluster Tables
- creating cluster tables
- using the MINMAXVARLIST= table option
Managing SAS Scalable Performance Data Server Tables and Indexes
- introduction to managing SPD server tables
- partitioning tables
- loading data into SPD server tables
- updating SPD tables
- sorting SPD tables
- temporary SPD server tables (self-study)
Using the SQL Procedure
- creating views
- parallel GROUP BY
- parallel joins
- the query rewrite facility
- star join facility
- additional SQL topics
Optimising SAS Scalable Performance Data Server Performance
reviewing data storage optimisation
Reviewing programming optimisation
Appendix A - Glossary of Technical Terms
This course addresses the following software product(s): Platform for SAS Business Analytics and SAS Scalable Performance Data Server.
This is a QA approved partner course
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
Online booking is currently not available for this course, to find out more please call us on 01753 898320 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help.
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning