Notable differences between CIINS v2.0 and v3.0 (current version)
There are several notable changes in this newly updated course. Cisco Configuration Professional is not covered in IINS 3.0. All IOS examples are hands-on and done using IOS CLI. IPv6 is not covered in IINS 3.0. IPv6 is now covered in ICND1. The implementation of IPS on IOS is not covered in IINS 3.0, instead IPS is covered on the theoretical level from the perspective of FirePower technologies. Site-to-Site VPN configuration is covered on both IOS and the Cisco ASA in IINS 3.0. Also, modern malware examples are included in this course and cryptographic techniques use stronger hashing and encryption algorithms, and current version of IOS, Cisco ASA and Cisco AnyConnect are featured.
Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS) is a five-day instructor-led course focused on the design, implementation, and monitoring of a comprehensive security policy, using Cisco IOS security features and technologies as examples.
The course covers security controls of Cisco IOS devices as well as a functional introduction to the Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance. Using instructor-led discussion, lecture, and hands-on lab exercises, this course allows students to perform basic tasks to secure a small branch office network using Cisco IOS security features that are available through web-based GUIs (Cisco Configuration Professional) and the CLI on Cisco routers, switches, and ASA appliances.
- Network designers
- Network administrators
- Network engineers
- Network managers
- System engineers
Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security)
the course prepares for exam 210-260 IINS: Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security
Hands-on Labs include:
- Hardening Network Elements Using Cisco Configuration Professional
- Securing Administrative Access to Cisco Routers
- Configuring AAA on Cisco Routers and Switches to Use Cisco Secure ACS
- Configuring Data Plane Security on Layer 2 Switches
- Using ACLs to Implement a Threat Containment Strategy
- Implementing Cisco IOS Zone-Based Firewalls
- Implementing Basic Network Connectivity Using Cisco ASDM on the Cisco ASA Appliance
- Configuring Cisco IOS IPS
- Configuring Site-to-Site IPsec VPNs
- Configuring SSL VPNs on Cisco ASA Appliances Using Cisco ASDM