The QA CISSP course is not delivered as a boot camp or exam prep course. Our course is a ‘theory based’ guide through the eight ISC2 domains to support your learning of the ISC2 Book of Knowledge. This course should be taken many months in advance of your CISSP exam booking. It will not substitute the considerable amount of self-study that all CISSP delegates need to undertake. This course attracts mixed ability delegates and is always tailored to meet the needs of all participants.
Aimed at security professionals, this course surveys the entire information security landscape and the technologies involved. The course addresses the eight knowledge domains that comprise the common body of knowledge (CBK) for information systems security professionals and will help delegates prepare for CISSP certification.
The course offers a theory based approach to the security process, with opportunities to discuss the immediate application of concepts and techniques described in the CBK to the real world. It can be considered as providing a good introduction to security management, architecture and engineering.
The course comprises of eight sessions that map directly to the (CBK), each one is theory based with instructor led discussions; there are no hands on labs.
- To book the CBT exam requires the candidate to acquire a Pearson VUE testing voucher. Please note, the price of the voucher is not included in the RRP of this course
- Delivery Method - Computer Adaptive Testing (CAT)
- Length of exam – Up to 3 hours
- Number of questions – 100 – 150
- Question format – Multiple choice and advanced innovative questions
- Passing grade – A passing score is 700 out of 1000 points
From April 2018 – the ISC(2) CISSP exam is expected to use the detailed contents outline available here.
IISP Skills Alignment
This course is aligned to the following Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP) Skills. More details on the IISP skills framework can be found here.
- A1, A2, A5, A6, A7, B1, B2, C1, C2 D2, E1, E2, E3, F1, F2, H1, H2
Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
CPD points can be claimed for GCT accredited courses at the rate of 1 point per hour of training for GCHQ accredited courses (up to a maximum of 15 points).