The Test Automation Fundamentals course aims to introduce the concept of software test automation to anyone who has an interest or is about to embark on introducing automation software into their test environment. The Test Automation Fundamentals course will provide a stable platform from which to start the automation journey.
Fundamentals of Test Automation
Who Should Attend?
The course is suitable for testers, developers or managers with an interest in software test automation.
On completion of the Test Automation Fundamentals course, attendees will be able to plan for a successful test automation project and avoid some of the common pitfalls that can prevent success.
This one day course will cover:
- What is test automation? A brief introduction to the origin of automation and a discussion on current industry beliefs.
- Myths and truths
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Test automation tool selection: what should you consider when selecting tools to automate the software testing process?
- Open source
- Custom or in-house
- Technologies and platforms
- Plan for success: how can you avoid your automation project failing again?
- The salesman's approach
- Failure to plan results in planning to fail
- Test case management
- Data management
- Version control
- Maintenance planning
- Automation frameworks: 'Frameworks' is a term used loosely within the automation realm but what does it really mean?
- Object based
- Keyword / action based
- Transaction based
- To automate or not? Where can you apply your new found knowledge?
- Functional vs. performance testing
- Regression testing
- System testing
- Unit testing
- Usability testing
Face-to-face learning in the comfort of our quality nationwide centres, with free refreshments and Wi-Fi.
Find dates and prices
We have 2 courses available across 1 locations on 2 different dates
EastCall us on 0345 074 7998 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
London1 Location / 2 coursesView dates
MidlandsCall us on 0345 074 7998 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
NorthCall us on 0345 074 7998 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
ScotlandCall us on 0345 074 7998 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
SouthCall us on 0345 074 7998 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
Attend from AnywhereCall us on 0345 074 7998 to discuss availability in this region.Contact us
All locations1 Location / 2 coursesView dates
Fully accredited to ensure we provide the highest possible standards in learning