VMware Video on Demand offers a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training, delivering modular videos that can be accessed anytime, anywhere, and from any device.
VMware On Demand is a robust, self-paced learning solution delivering modular training combined with hands-on practice labs, giving you a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training.
- Compelling: Interactive modules with labs that build as you progress
- Official e-courseware
- Comprehensive: Rich content equivalent to classroom training that meets certification course requirements, including final assessments. Some courses also include bonus items like exam vouchers*
- Convenient: 30 days to access the content multiple times at your pace
*Exam vouchers only available where VMware include within the VOD bundle. Please contact us to find out if this bundle includes an exam voucher.
In this two-day course, you learn how to navigate and manage the VMware Workspace ONE® Access™ console. Through a combination of hands-on labs, simulations, and interactive lectures, you configure enterprise and productivity integration, Digital Workspace integration, authentication methods, access policies, web and virtual resource integrations, and single sign-on for a web resource. The principles of identity and access management are addressed throughout the course. You will leave the training empowered with the foundational skills and knowledge needed to effectively implement the Workspace ONE solution to deliver the Digital Workspace experience.
This course is also available in an Instructor-Led Training (ILT) format. For more information, select this link: VMware Workspace ONE: Integrating the Digital Workspace [V20.x].
- VMware Workspace ONE® 20.x
- VMware Workspace ONE UEM 20.x
- VMware Workspace ONE Access® 20.x
- VMware Horizon 7.x
- VMware Unified Access Gateway™ 3.x
Workspace ONE administrators, experienced mobility and identity administrators, account managers, solutions architects, solutions engineers, sales engineers, and consultants
This course requires completion of one of the following courses:
- VMware Workspace ONE: Skills for Unified Endpoint Management [V20.x]
- VMware Workspace ONE: Unified Endpoint Management Bootcamp [V20.x]
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Identify and describe major components of the Workspace ONE solution
- Identify and describe the enterprise integration and productivity components
- Explain the concept of the Digital Workspace and the Digital Workspace experience
- Summarize the Workspace ONE deployment architecture
- Explain the High Availability and Disaster Recovery concept for Workspace ONE deployment
- Integrate Workspace ONE UEM with Workspace ONE Access for the Digital Workspace experience
- Identify authentication technologies used in Workspace ONE
- Navigate the Workspace ONE Access console
- Install, configure, and validate integrated components
- Explain integration of Workspace ONE solution with directory services
- Demonstrate end-user Workspace ONE portal configuration
- Leverage the Adaptive Management approach to manage endpoints
- Provision and secure web and virtual applications in the Workspace ONE Access console
- Enable the unified application catalog
- Apply single sign-on and multifactor authentication
- Integrate with virtual desktop infrastructure (VMware Horizon® virtual desktops and applications)
- Create and implement access policies and role-based access controls
- Apply general troubleshooting techniques
1 Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
2 Digital Workspace
- Evaluate the impact of integrating the Digital Workspace
- Outline the core components of the Digital Workspace
- Weigh the impact of utilizing virtual desktop infrastructure as part of your UEM strategy
3 Workspace ONE Access Console
- Navigate the Workspace ONE Access console
- Execute directory integration with Workspace ONE Access
- Develop an identity and access management strategy
4 Workspace ONE Platform Architecture
- Evaluate Workspace ONE deployment options
- Describe the VMware recommended Workspace ONE Architecture
- Examine High Availability and Disaster Recovery options
5 Digital Workspace Integration
- Integrate Directory Services with Workspace ONE UEM and Workspace ONE Access
- Synchronize users and groups from Directory to Workspace ONE consoles
- Integrate Certificate Authority with Workspace ONE UEM
- Outline the steps of performing Digital Workspace Integration
- Integrate the Digital Workspace
- Stage resources for Workspace ONE registration and management
- Register and manage endpoints with Workspace ONE
- Elevate the management level of an endpoint from Workspace ONE Registered to Workspace ONE Managed
6 Productivity Integration
- Formulate productivity integrations needs
- Deploy the Unified Access Gateway
- Install and configure VMware Tunnel™
- Install and configure the VMware Content Gateway
- Install and configure VMware AirWatch® Secure Email Gateway™
7 Web and Virtual Application Management
- Formulate a web and virtual application management strategy
- Configure web and virtual applications
- Manage web and virtual applications
8 Single Sign-On for Applications
- Describe the single sign-on capability provided by Workspace ONE
- Summarize that single sign-on can be used for native mobile applications
- Outline the authentication methods supported by Workspace ONE
- Evaluate the effectiveness of Workspace ONE® Verify
Frequently asked questions
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.