VMware Video on Demand offers a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training, delivering modular videos that can be accessed anytime, anywhere, and from any device.
VMware On Demand is a robust, self-paced learning solution delivering modular training combined with hands-on practice labs, giving you a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training.
- Compelling: Interactive modules with labs that build as you progress
- Official e-courseware
- Comprehensive: Rich content equivalent to classroom training that meets certification course requirements, including final assessments. Some courses also include bonus items like exam vouchers*
- Convenient: 30 days to access the content multiple times at your pace
*Exam vouchers only available where VMware include within the VOD bundle. Please contact us to find out if this bundle includes an exam voucher.
In this course, equivalent to 1 day of training, you learn the fundamentals of VMware Workspace ONE® solution design, which addresses both the general solution design logics, the solution design process flow, and the areas of VMware Workspace ONE® UEM use cases.
Through a combination of interactive lectures, you identify the phases of a Workspace ONE solution design and delivery, review areas of Workspace ONE use cases, and learn how to create solution designs. The principles of Workspace ONE solution design are addressed throughout the course.
You will leave the training empowered with the professional-level skills and knowledge needed to effectively create a Workspace ONE solution design to implement your Digital Workspace transformation.
This course is also available in an Instructor-Led Training (ILT) format. For more information, select this link: VMware Workspace ONE: Design [V20.x] .
- Workspace ONE 20.x
- Workspace ONE UEM 20.x
- Workspace ONE Access™ 20.x
- VMware Horizon ® 7.x
- VMware Unified Access Gateway™ 3.x
Workspace ONE solutions architects, solutions engineers, sales engineers, and consultants
This course requires completion of one of the following sets of courses:
- Workspace ONE: Deploy and Manage [20.x] and VMware Workspace ONE: Advanced Integration [V20.x]
- VMware Workspace ONE: Skills for Unified Endpoint Management [V20.x], VMware Workspace ONE: Integrating the Digital Workspace [V20.x], and VMware Workspace ONE: Advanced Integration [V20.x]
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Summarize the main phases in the Workspace ONE product solution design
- Compare a logical design and a physical design
- Identify the main Workspace ONE use cases
- Collect and consolidate the required uses cases and user experiences
- Match use cases with Workspace ONE components
- Create a logical solution architecture based on use cases
- Collect physical requirements for a designed Workspace ONE solution
- Create a physical solution architecture based on the logical design and physical requirements
- Collect additional requirements for integrations
- Create a deployment plan and milestone
- Determine the appropriate Workspace ONE solution roll-out plan for end users
1 Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
2 Workspace ONE Design Fundamentals
- Outline the high-level Workspace ONE product design methods
- Outline the available Workspace ONE architecture types
- Outline the phases of End User Computing (EUC) solution design
- Describe the difference between a logical design and a physical design
3 Identifying Use Cases
- Determine the key business drivers and use cases
- Determine the right use cases for your Workspace ONE solution deployment
- Outline the common types of user experience
- Match use cases with Workspace ONE components
- Match user experience with technology and integrations
4 Creating Logical and Physical Designs
- Design the high-level logical solution architecture
- Validate the logical architecture
- Identify the hardware, software, and network requirements for the required Workspace ONE components
- Create the physical architecture
- Document the physical requirements for the physical design
- Collect the requirements for required integrations
- Validate the physical architecture
5 Workspace ONE Solution Delivery
- Create Workspace ONE solution deployment phases
- Determine project milestones
- Create an execution plan for the Workspace ONE solution deployment
- Determine validating standards for Workspace ONE solution deployment validation
- Design an appropriate Workspace ONE solution roll-out plan for end users
Frequently asked questions
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.