VMware Video on Demand offers a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training, delivering modular videos that can be accessed anytime, anywhere, and from any device.
VMware On Demand is a robust, self-paced learning solution delivering modular training combined with hands-on practice labs, giving you a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training.
- Compelling: Interactive modules with labs that build as you progress
- Official e-courseware
- Comprehensive: Rich content equivalent to classroom training that meets certification course requirements, including final assessments. Some courses also include bonus items like exam vouchers*
- Convenient: 30 days to access the content multiple times at your pace
*Exam vouchers only available where VMware include within the VOD bundle. Please contact us to find out if this bundle includes an exam voucher.
In this course, equivalent to 5 days of training, you will configure and secure unified endpoint activation, registration, and authentication. You will learn how to integrate industry-recognized enterprise technologies with VMware Workspace ONE®. Through a combination of hands-on labs, simulations, and interactive lectures, you learn how to configure and manage the endpoint lifecycle. The principles of enterprise mobility, unified endpoint, and identity management are addressed throughout the course. You will leave the training empowered with the foundational skills and knowledge needed to effectively implement Workspace ONE.
This course is also available in an Instructor-Led Training (ILT) format. For more information, select this link: VMware Workspace ONE: Deploy and Manage [V20.x].
Purchase this On Demand course and receive a free VCP Exam voucher to use toward certification.
- VMware Workspace ONE 20.x
- VMware Workspace ONE UEM 20.x
- VMware Workspace ONE Access 20.x
- VMware Workspace ONE® Boxer
- VMware Workspace ONE® Content
Workspace ONE administrators, experienced mobility and identity administrators, account managers, solutions architects, solutions engineers, sales engineers, and consultants
This course has no prerequisites.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Identify and describe major components of the Workspace ONE solution
- Identify and describe the enterprise integration and productivity components
- Explain the concept of the Digital Workspace and the Digital Workspace experience
- Identify authentication technologies used in Workspace ONE
- Navigate the VMware Workspace ONE® UEM and the VMware Workspace ONE® Access™ consoles
- Install, configure, and validate integrated components
- Explain the integration of the Workspace ONE solution with directory services
- Create and explain environment group structures
- Demonstrate end-user Workspace ONE portal configuration
- Configure Workspace ONE registration and activation
- Enroll and manage mobile devices and endpoints
- Provision and secure applications
- Enable the unified application catalog
- Apply single sign-on and multifactor authentication
- Integrate with virtual desktop infrastructure (VMware Horizon® virtual desktops and applications)
- Create and implement profiles, authentication policies, and role-based access controls
- Explain and issue device commands
- Manage email configurations
- Integrate with content resources and provision access
- Explain and analyze reporting and auditing
- Leverage VMware Workspace ONE® Intelligence™ for advanced reporting and automation
- Apply general troubleshooting techniques
- Implement unified endpoint management with Workspace ONE
1 Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
2 Introduction to Workspace ONE Unified Endpoint Management
- Outline the basic principles and capabilities of Unified Endpoint Management with the Workspace ONE Platform.
- Summarize basic implementation of Workspace ONE UEM
- Investigate Modern Windows Management with Workspace ONE UEM
3 Workspace ONE UEM Console
- Outline features of the Workspace ONE UEM Console
- Navigate the Workspace ONE UEM Console
4 Workspace ONE UEM Architecture
- List the common Workspace ONE UEM Integration Components
- Outline the core components of Workspace ONE UEM
- Outline the benefits of implementing Directory Services Integration
- Summarize the benefits of implementing Certificate Authority Integration
- Describe the benefits of implementing Email SMTP Integration
- Describe the benefits of deploying VMware AirWatch® Secure Email Gateway™
- Explain the purposes of deploying VMware Unified Access Gateway™
- Describe the benefits of deploying VMware TunnelTM
- Summarize the functions of Content Gateway
5 Mobile Endpoint Enrollment and Management
- Outline UEM options
- Configure Workspace ONE UEM for Endpoint Management
- Enroll Mobile endpoints
- Describe the functions and benefits of the Apple Device Enrollment Program
- Outline the steps to enroll an Android Endpoint into Workspace ONE UEM with the out-of-box enrollment flow
6 Windows 10 Onboarding
- Outline basic principles of Windows 10 Endpoint Onboarding
- Onboard Windows 10 desktop with basic IT-driven and user-driven enrollment methods
- Outline the steps of configuring Cloud Windows 10 Auto Discover Service
- Summarize the steps of configuring Azure AD integration
- Use Office 365 applications for Windows 10 desktop enrollment
- Explain Windows 10 Desktop out-of-box enrollment
7 Securing and Configuring Endpoints
- Summarize the comprehensive endpoint and console security features provided by Workspace ONE UEM Console
- Assess uses of administrative roles
- Examine the proper use of profiles and resources for endpoint management
- Explain Windows 10 policy management
- Outline product provisioning
- Configure compliance policies
- Manage endpoints with Workspace ONE UEM
- Use the Self-Service Portal to manage an endpoint
8 Application Access and Security
- Describe the functions and benefits of using application management capabilities in Workspace ONE UEM
- Summarize application management capabilities of Workspace ONE UEM
- Plan a public application management strategy
- Design an application security strategy
- Examine the Windows 10 Business Store Portals role in your application management strategy
- Deploy Win32 applications
9 Email Configurations
- Describe the benefits of managing email with Workspace ONE UEM
- Deploy managed email settings
- Evaluate email integration models
- Support the implementation of AirWatch Secure Email Gateway
- Integrate PowerShell
- Support Google Sync integration
- Evaluate email compliance policy strategies
- Describe the features and functionality of the Email Notification Service
10 Content and Resources Implementation
- Describe the benefits of performing content management with Workspace ONE UEM
- Summarize the functions and benefits of Workspace ONE Content application
- Evaluate the benefits of the Workspace ONE Content application
- Access content and repositories from the Workspace ONE Content application
- Support end-user use of the personal content feature
- Implement a content management strategy that allows for access on endpoints
- Access internal repositories with the Content Gateway
11 Workspace ONE Intelligence and UEM Reporting
- Summarize the features and functionality of Workspace ONE Intelligence
- Evaluate the impact Workspace ONE Intelligence can have on a UEM strategy
- Execute a report strategy
- Outline the steps of integrating Syslog with Workspace ONE UEM
- Weigh the benefits of a telecom management
12 Digital Workspace
- Evaluate the impact of integrating the Digital Workspace
- Outline the core components of Digital Workspace
- Evaluate the impact of utilizing virtual desktop infrastructure as part of your UEM strategy
13 Workspace ONE Access Console
- Navigate the Workspace ONE Access Console
- Execute directory integration with Workspace ONE Access
- Develop an identity and access management strategy
14 Workspace ONE Platform Architecture
- Evaluate Workspace ONE deployment options
- Describe the VMware recommended Workspace ONE Architecture
- Examine High Availability and Disaster Recovery options
15 Digital Workspace Integration
- Integrate Directory Services with Workspace ONE UEM and Workspace ONE Access
- Synchronize users and groups from Directory to Workspace ONE Consoles
- Integrate Certificate Authority with Workspace ONE UEM
- Outline the steps for performing Digital Workspace integration
- Integrate the Digital Workspace
- Stage resources for Workspace ONE registration and management
- Register and manage endpoints with Workspace ONE
- Elevate the management level of an endpoint from Workspace ONE registered to Workspace ONE managed
16 Productivity Integration
- Formulate productivity integration needs
- Deploy the Unified Access Gateway
- Install and configure VMware Tunnel
- Install and configure the VMware Content Gateway
- Install and configure AirWatch Secure Email Gateway
17 Web and Virtual Application Management
- Formulate a web and virtual application management strategy
- Configure web and virtual applications
- Manage web and virtual applications
18 Single Sign-On for Applications
- Describe the single sign-on capability provided by Workspace ONE
- Summarize how single sign-on can be used for native mobile applications
- Outline the authentication methods supported by Workspace ONE
- Evaluate the effectiveness of VMware Workspace ONE® Verify
Frequently asked questions
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.