VMware Video on Demand offers a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training, delivering modular videos that can be accessed anytime, anywhere, and from any device.
VMware On Demand is a robust, self-paced learning solution delivering modular training combined with hands-on practice labs, giving you a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training.
- Compelling: Interactive modules with labs that build as you progress
- Official e-courseware
- Comprehensive: Rich content equivalent to classroom training that meets certification course requirements, including final assessments. Some courses also include bonus items like exam vouchers*
- Convenient: 30 days to access the content multiple times at your pace
*Exam vouchers only available where VMware include within the VOD bundle. Please contact us to find out if this bundle includes an exam voucher.
This course teaches you advanced skills for configuring and maintaining a highly available and scalable virtual infrastructure. Through a mix of lecture and hands-on labs, you configure and optimize the VMware vSphere® 6.7 features that build a foundation for a truly scalable infrastructure, and you discuss when and where these features have the greatest effect. This course deepens your understanding of vSphere and how its advanced features and controls can benefit your organization.
This course is also available in an Instructor-Led Training (ILT) format. For more information, select this link: VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V6.7].
Purchase this On Demand course and receive a free VCP Exam voucher to use toward certification.
- ESXi 6.7
- vCenter Server 6.7
This course prepares you for the following certification:
- VMware Certified Professional 6.5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6.5-DCV)
Experienced system administrators, system engineers, and system integrators
You must complete one of the following prerequisites:
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.7] course
- Equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESXi and vCenter Server
Experience with working at the command line is highly recommended.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Configure and manage vSphere networking and storage for a large and sophisticated enterprise
- Use VMware vSphere® Client™, VMware vSphere® Web Client, and VMware vSphere® ESXi™ Shell to manage vSphere
- Create a content library for deploying virtual machines
- Use VMware vSphere® Auto Deploy™ and host profiles to provision VMware ESXi™ hosts and manage ESXi host compliance
- Monitor and analyze key performance indicators for compute, storage, and networking resources for ESXi hosts
- Optimize the performance of ESXi and VMware vCenter Server®
- Harden the vSphere environment against security threats
- Encrypt virtual machines for additional security
1 Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
- Identify additional resources for after this course
- Identify other VMware Education offerings
2 Network Scalability
- Configure and manage vSphere distributed switches
- Describe how VMware vSphere® Network I/O Control enhances performance
- Explain distributed switch features such as port mirroring, LACP, QoS tagging, and NetFlow
3 Storage Scalability
- Explain why VMware vSphere® VMFS is a high-performance, scalable file system
- Explain VMware vSphere® Storage APIs - Array Integration, VMware vSphere® API for Storage Awareness™, and vSphere APIs for I/O Filtering
- Configure and assign virtual machine storage policies
- Create vSAN storage policies
- Configure VMware vSphere® Storage DRS™ and VMware vSphere® Storage I/O Control
4 Host and Management Scalability
- Define and use content libraries
- Describe and use host profiles
- Describe and use VMware vSphere® ESXi™ Image Builder CLI and vSphere Auto Deploy
5 CPU Optimization
- Explain the CPU scheduler operation and other features that affect CPU performance
- Explain NUMA and vNUMA support
- Use esxtop to monitor key CPU performance metrics
6 Memory Optimization
- Explain ballooning, memory compression, and host-swapping techniques for memory reclamation when
- memory is overcommitted
- Use esxtop to monitor key memory performance metrics
7 Storage Optimization
- Describe storage queue types and other factors that affect storage performance
- Use esxtop to monitor key storage performance metrics
8 Network Optimization
- Explain the performance features of network adapters
- Explain the performance features of vSphere networking
- Use esxtop to monitor key network performance metrics
9 vCenter Server Performance Optimization
- Describe the factors that influence vCenter Server performance
- Use VMware vCenter® Server Appliance™ tools to monitor resource usage
10 vSphere Security
- Configure ESXi host access and authorization
- Secure ESXi, vCenter Server, and virtual machines
- Use VMware Certificate Authority to configure vSphere certificate management
- Configure vSphere to encrypt virtual machines, core dumps and VMware vSphere® vMotion® migrations
Frequently asked questions
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.