VMware Video on Demand offers a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training, delivering modular videos that can be accessed anytime, anywhere, and from any device.
VMware On Demand is a robust, self-paced learning solution delivering modular training combined with hands-on practice labs, giving you a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training.
- Compelling: Interactive modules with labs that build as you progress
- Official e-courseware
- Comprehensive: Rich content equivalent to classroom training that meets certification course requirements, including final assessments. Some courses also include bonus items like exam vouchers*
- Convenient: 30 days to access the content multiple times at your pace
*Exam vouchers only available where VMware include within the VOD bundle. Please contact us to find out if this bundle includes an exam voucher.
This course provides insight into the product enhancements made in the 7.0 version of vRealize Operations. This course explains capacity concepts and improvements made to the capacity engine and workload optimization engine. This course covers assessment tools such as vSphere Optimization Assessment and Upgrade Readiness Assessment. It also covers Management Packs such as SDDC Management Health solution, vRealize Operations Management pack for Service Discovery, and vRealize Orchestrator and Federation. In general, this course explains how to use and configure the new features and enhancements in version 7.0, enabling you to get the most out of the product.
- vRealize Operations 7.0
- ESXi 6.7
- vCenter Server 6.7
Experienced system administrators, system integrators, and developers responsible for designing and implementing vRealize Operations.
Students attending this course should have, at a minimum, completed the VMware vRealize Operations: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.x] course, or have equivalent knowledge.
The course presumes that a student can perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling in this course:
- Use VMware vSphere® Web Client
- Perform routine VMware vCenter Server® tasks
- List and describe the importance of key features and enhancements in vRealize Operations
- Use the product UI to navigate through the Quick Start page
- Assess performance and optimize workloads based on business or operational intents
- Describe capacity optimization improvements
- Assess policy changes relating to capacity
- Use built-in cost settings for cloud comparison and planning
- Use the Upgrade Readiness Assessment tool to understand the impact of the metrics changes
- Extend the capabilities of vRealize Operations by installing management packs
- Describe the node and cluster management enhancements to solve complex problems and to optimize vRealize Operations
1 Course Introduction
- Course objectives
- References and resources
2 vRealize Operations User Interface Enhancements
- Explain the importance of the Quick Start page
- Navigate through the enhancements of the product UI and admin UI
3 Capacity Optimization
- Use the capacity optimization feature to assess capacity and rightsize workloads in your environment
- Discuss enhancements made to capacity settings and the capacity analytics engine
- Use what-if scenarios to plan for future projects and virtual infrastructure changes
- Discuss the cost assessment feature and how to configure cost settings
4 Performance Optimization
- Define business and operational intents for your data centers
- Use the workload optimization feature to automate the process of optimizing and balancing workloads in your data centers
5 Other Enhancements and New Features
- Generate reports using the vSphere Optimization Assessment tool and analyze the data
- Analyze output from the Upgrade Readiness Assessment tool
- Explain how to integrate Wavefront by VMware with vRealize Operations
- Explain how to integrate vRealize Operations with vCenter Server
- Describe the integration between vRealize Operations and vRealize Automation
6 Views, Reports, Dashboards and Alerts Enhancements
- Use the simplified dashboard creation workflow
- Explain various ways of sharing dashboards
- Describe how to transfer dashboard ownership
- Describe the enhancements made to views
- Discuss the enhancements made to managing alerts and running actions from alerts
7 Solutions and Management Packs
- Describe some of the most popular management packs available for vRealize Operations, including SDDC Management Health Solution, Federation Management Pack, and Compliance Packs
- List deprecated management packs and their replacements
- Discuss the enhancements made to the vSAN solution, including new vSAN Metrics and an improved vSAN capacity model
8 Node and Cluster Management Enhancements
- Explain how the Shrink Cluster and Remove Node features work
- Describe other enhancements, including deploying multiple nodes in parallel
Frequently asked questions
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.