VMware Video on Demand offers a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training, delivering modular videos that can be accessed anytime, anywhere, and from any device.
VMware On Demand is a robust, self-paced learning solution delivering modular training combined with hands-on practice labs, giving you a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training.
- Compelling: Interactive modules with labs that build as you progress
- Official e-courseware
- Comprehensive: Rich content equivalent to classroom training that meets certification course requirements, including final assessments. Some courses also include bonus items like exam vouchers*
- Convenient: 30 days to access the content multiple times at your pace
*Exam vouchers only available where VMware include within the VOD bundle. Please contact us to find out if this bundle includes an exam voucher.
This course, equivalent to 5 days of training, is designed for experienced VMware vSphere® users to teach you how to use VMware vRealize® Operations™ as a forensic and predictive tool. Based on VMware ESXi™ 6.7, VMware vCenter Server® 6.7, and vRealize Operations 7.0, this course includes instruction on advanced capabilities, including customization and management.
This course is also available in an Instructor-Led Training (ILT) format. For more information, select this link: VMware vRealize Operations: Install, Configure, Manage [V7].
- vRealize Operations 7.0
- ESXi 6.7
- vCenter Server 6.7
This course prepares you for the following specialization:
- VMware vRealize Operations 2017 Specialist
Experienced system administrators and system integrators, and consultants responsible for customizing vRealize Operations content
This class requires completion of one of the following courses:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.x]
- VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V6.x]
Or system administration experience with vSphere deployments
- Identify features and benefits of vRealize Operations
- Deploy vRealize Operations
- Use interface features to assess and troubleshoot operational issues
- Recognize how to use vRealize Operations components to build scalability and availability
- Recognize effective ways to optimize performance and capacity in data centers
- Troubleshoot and manage issues and configurations using alerts and dashboards
- Use Endpoint Operations Management to monitor operating systems and applications
- Create policies to meet the operational needs of your environment
- Create custom alert definitions, reports, and views
- Configure widgets for dashboards
- Configure super metrics
- Set up users and user groups for controlled access to your environment
- Extend the capabilities of vRealize Operations by adding management packs and solutions
1 Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
2 Introduction to vRealize Operations
- Describe how to use vRealize Operations to manage the software-defined data center
- Identify features and benefits of vRealize Operations
3 Deploying vRealize Operations
- Design and size a vRealize Operations cluster
- Install a vRealize Operations cluster
- Configure a vRealize Operations cluster for high availability
- Describe different vRealize Operations deployment scenarios
- Describe how to use VMware vRealize® Suite Lifecycle Manager™ to deploy vRealize Operations
4 vRealize Operations Concepts
- Identify the tasks that can be performed in the administration and product user interfaces
- Recognize how to use dashboards, views, and reports to gather information about the environment
- Use tags, applications, and custom groups to group related objects in the environment
5 vRealize Operations Architecture
- Describe the functions of the components in a node
- Identify the types of nodes and their roles in a vRealize Operations cluster
- Recognize how a node’s components interact to achieve scalability and availability
- Identify ways that data is collected and analyzed by vRealize Operations
6 Performance Optimization
- Assess the performance of your environment to determine which data centers need optimization
- Define the business and operational intents for your data centers
- Automate the process of optimizing and balancing workloads in your data centers
- Report on the results of your optimization efforts
7 Capacity Optimization
- Define capacity planning terminology and capacity planning models
- Assess the overall capacity of a data center and identify optimization recommendations
- Run what-if scenarios to plan for future resource capacity and workload requirements
- Assess the cost of running the data centers in your environment
8 Troubleshooting and Managing Configurations
- Troubleshoot issues by monitoring alerts
- Use step-by-step workflows to troubleshoot different vSphere objects
- Assess your environment’s compliance to standards
- View the configurations of vSphere objects in your environment
- Describe how logs can be accessed by integrating vRealize Operations with VMware vRealize® Log Insight™
- View inventory trees on the Environment page to monitor vSphere objects
- Monitor the performance of a vRealize Operations instance
9 Operating System and Application Monitoring
- Deploy the Endpoint Operations Management agent
- Monitor operating systems by viewing the metrics collected by the Endpoint Operations Management agent
10 vRealize Operations Policies
- Create policies for various types of workloads
- Explain how policy inheritance works
11 Custom Alert Definitions
- Create symptom definitions
- Create recommendations, actions, and notifications
- Create alert definitions that monitor resource demand in hosts and VMs
12 Views and Reports
- Build and use custom views in your environment
- Create custom reports for presenting data about your environment
13 Custom Dashboards
- Create dashboards that use predefined and custom widgets
- Configure widgets to interact with other widgets and other dashboards
- Configure the Scoreboard widget to use a metric configuration file
- Manage dashboards by grouping dashboards and sharing dashboards with users
14 Super Metrics
- Create super metrics and associate them with vSphere objects
- Enable super metrics in policies
15 User Access Control
- Recognize how users are authorized to access objects
- Determine privilege priorities when a user has multiple privileges
- Create local users and user groups
- Import users and user groups from an LDAP source
16 Extending and Managing a vRealize Operations Deployment
- Identify the management packs that are available to your environment
- Install and configure a management pack
- Monitor the health of a vRealize Operations cluster
- Generate a support bundle
- View vRealize Operations logs and audit reports
- Perform vRealize Operations cluster management tasks
Frequently asked questions
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.