VMware Video on Demand offers a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training, delivering modular videos that can be accessed anytime, anywhere, and from any device.
VMware On Demand is a robust, self-paced learning solution delivering modular training combined with hands-on practice labs, giving you a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training.
- Compelling: Interactive modules with labs that build as you progress
- Official e-courseware
- Comprehensive: Rich content equivalent to classroom training that meets certification course requirements, including final assessments. Some courses also include bonus items like exam vouchers*
- Convenient: 30 days to access the content multiple times at your pace
*Exam vouchers only available where VMware include within the VOD bundle. Please contact us to find out if this bundle includes an exam voucher.
This course, equivalent to two days of training, explains how to use and configure VMware vRealize® Operations Manager™ 7.0 to integrate with VMware vSAN™ 6. This course explains concepts and practical applications of vRealize Operations Manager in reference to vSAN.
This course is also available in an Instructor-Led Training (ILT) format. For more information, select this link: VMware vRealize Operations and vSAN Integration Workshop.
- vRealize Operations 7.0
- VMware ESXi™
- vCenter Server 6.7
- VMware vSAN 6
vSAN and VMware vSphere® administrators
At a minimum, students attending this course should have completed the VMware vSAN: Deploy and Manage [V6.x] course or have equivalent knowledge.
Some experience with basic operations of vRealize Operations would also be helpful.
The course presumes that a student can perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling in this course:
- Use VMware vSphere® Client™
- Perform routine VMware vCenter Server® tasks
- Configure a vSAN datastore
- Perform routine vSAN maintenance tasks
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- List and describe the uses of vRealize Operations Manager when applied to vSAN
- Use the product UI to navigate through built-in vSAN specific dashboards
- Review the built-in vSAN specific dashboards for key vSAN information
- Create your own vSAN specific dashboards
- Assess vRealize Operations Manager policies related to vSAN
- Perform vSAN troubleshooting using vRealize Operations
1 Course Introduction
- Course objectives
- References and resources
2 Overview of vSAN and vRealize Operations
- Describe basic vSAN architecture and components
- Explain the use of vSAN storage policies
- Describe the different vRealize Operations interfaces
- Enable data collection for vSAN
3 Creating and Using Dashboards, Views, Reports, and Tags
- Create custom dashboards to monitor vSAN data
- Create a view that displays information about vSAN metrics
- Create custom reports to display information for the vSAN datastore
- Use tags to create logical groups of objects in the vRealize Operations environment
4 Monitoring Individual Components
- Locate key vSAN components in vRealize Operations
- Monitor important vSAN components
- Monitor vSAN network metrics
5 Optimizing the Cluster
- Automate workload optimization and balancing
- Generate performance optimization reports
- Identify capacity planning concepts
- Use vRealize Operations to reclaim unused resources and right-size virtual machines
- Create what-if scenarios using existing or custom virtual machines
- Explain the hierarchy of polices in vRealize Operations
- Configure vSAN analysis settings
7 Troubleshooting vSAN with Alerts and vRealize Operations
- Recognize how to troubleshoot issues by monitoring alerts
- Use step-by-step workflows to troubleshoot different objects
- Explain the importance of inventory trees for troubleshooting
- Recognize the importance of inventory trees
- Use inventory trees and objects from the Environment page as a part of troubleshooting
Frequently asked questions
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.