VMware Video on Demand offers a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training, delivering modular videos that can be accessed anytime, anywhere, and from any device.
VMware On Demand is a robust, self-paced learning solution delivering modular training combined with hands-on practice labs, giving you a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training.
- Compelling: Interactive modules with labs that build as you progress
- Official e-courseware
- Comprehensive: Rich content equivalent to classroom training that meets certification course requirements, including final assessments. Some courses also include bonus items like exam vouchers*
- Convenient: 30 days to access the content multiple times at your pace
*Exam vouchers only available where VMware include within the VOD bundle. Please contact us to find out if this bundle includes an exam voucher.
This course, equivalent to 2 days of training, gives you the skills to deploy and use VMware vRealize® Network Insight™ to ensure an optimized, highly available, and secure infrastructure for your applications. You will learn the features, components, architecture, and benefits of vRealize Network Insight and how to use it to simplify daily operation and troubleshooting tasks.
This course is also available in an Instructor-Led Training (ILT) format. For more information, select this link: VMware vRealize Network Insight: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.0].
- vRealize Network Insight 5.0
Network professionals and who design, build, operate, manage, and troubleshoot software-defined networking and security, and application owners who need visibility across multi-cloud environments
Students taking this course should have general networking and security knowledge.
Before taking this course, students should take the following courses or have equivalent knowledge and experience:
- VMware NSX: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.4]
- VMware vRealize Network Insight Fundamentals
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Explain the features and architecture of vRealize Network Insight
- Describe the vRealize Network Insight installation and upgrade processes and requirements
- Navigate the vRealize Network Insight GUI
- Describe major use cases for vRealize Network Insight and their benefits
- Use vRealize Network Insight to monitor, operate, analyze, and troubleshoot the infrastructure supporting your applications
1 Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
2 Introduction to vRealize Network Insight
- Identify the use cases for vRealize Network Insight
- Access the vRealize Network Insight Home page
- View vRealize Network Insight entity data
- Perform searches for specific entity data
- Create entity search queries
- Find and use event data
3 vRealize Network Insight Architecture and Components
- Identify the components of vRealize Network Insight
- Describe the function of each component and how the components interact
- Check the health of vRealize Network Insight components
4 vRealize Network Insight Installation
- Deploy vRealize Network Insight components
- Configure the pairing relationship between the platform VM and the proxy VM
- Troubleshoot platform VM and proxy VM configuration problems
- Explain how data sources export flow information
- Add VMware vCenter Server® to vRealize Network Insight
- Add a VMware NSX® data source to vRealize Network Insight
- Configure IPFIX
- Distinguish between the mechanisms used to scale vRealize Network Insight
- Select the appropriate scaling mechanism for your environment
- Describe how clusters are expanded
5 vRealize Network Insight Use Cases
- Explain use cases for vRealize Network Insight
- Create vRealize Network Insight applications
- Perform application discovery
- Plan and optimize micro-segmentation and security for applications
- Explain the use of flow analytics
- Use flow information from physical devices in security planning
- Generate virtual machine path topologies between entities using flows
- Extract useful information from path topologies
- Validate NSX for vSphere deployments
- Monitor and troubleshoot NSX for vSphere events
6 Operations and Troubleshooting Common Issues
- Perform vRealize Network Insight operations by using VMware vSphere® tags
- Use the flow analytics dashboards to perform flow analysis
- Set and configure thresholds to identify aberrations in the behavior of entities
- Use vRealize Network Insight tools to troubleshoot common problems
- Generate and export support logs
- Integrate VMware vRealize® Log Insight™ with vRealize Network Insight
Frequently asked questions
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.