VMware Video on Demand offers a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training, delivering modular videos that can be accessed anytime, anywhere, and from any device.
VMware On Demand is a robust, self-paced learning solution delivering modular training combined with hands-on practice labs, giving you a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training.
- Compelling: Interactive modules with labs that build as you progress
- Official e-courseware
- Comprehensive: Rich content equivalent to classroom training that meets certification course requirements, including final assessments. Some courses also include bonus items like exam vouchers*
- Convenient: 30 days to access the content multiple times at your pace
*Exam vouchers only available where VMware include within the VOD bundle. Please contact us to find out if this bundle includes an exam voucher.
During this course, equivalent to 5 days of training, you will focus on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vRealize® Automation™. You will gain an understanding on how to use vRealize Automation to automate the delivery of virtual machines, applications, and personalized IT services across different data centers and hybrid cloud environments.
The course covers how to manage both on-premise systems and cloud services and how vRealize Automation Service Broker can aggregate content in native formats from multiple clouds and platforms into a common catalog. You will learn how to interface vRealize Automation with other systems using VMware vRealize® Orchestrator™ and how to use vRealize Automation to manage Kubernetes systems and leverage other systems.
This course makes heavy use of hands-on labs.
This course is also available in an Instructor-Led Training (ILT) format. For more information, select this link: VMware vRealize Automation: Install, Configure, Manage [V8].
Purchase this On Demand course and receive a free VCP Exam voucher to use toward certification.
- VMware vSphere® 6.7 U2
- VMware vRealize Automation 8.0
- VMware vRealize Orchestrator 8.0
- VMware vRealize® Lifecycle Manager™ 8.0
- VMware NSX-T™ Data Center 2.4
Experienced system administrators and system integrators responsible for designing and implementing vRealize Automation
This course requires completion of one of the following courses:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.x]
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V6.x]
Experience working at the command line is helpful.
This course requires that a student be able to perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling in this course:
- Create VMware vCenter Server® objects, such as data centers and folders
- Create a virtual machine using a wizard or a template
- Modify a virtual machine’s hardware
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® vMotion®
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
- Configure and manage a vSphere DRS cluster with resource pools.
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the vRealize Automation architecture and use cases in cloud environments
- Manage vRealize Automation entities on VMware and third-party virtual and cloud infrastructures
- Configure and manage Cloud Accounts, Projects, Flavor Mappings, Image Mappings, Network Profiles, Storage Profiles, Volumes, Tags, and Services
- Create, modify, manage, and deploy Blueprints
- Connect to a Kubernetes Cluster and manage images and deployments
- Customize services and virtual machines with cloudConfig
- Configure and manage the Service Broker
- Configure and manage ABX actions, custom properties, event broker subscriptions, and VMware vRealize® Orchestrator™ workflows
- Integrate with vRealize Orchestrator
- Install vRealize Automation with VMware vRealize® Suite Lifecycle Manager™
- Describe Cloud Automation Services (Cloud Assembly and Code Stream).
- Use logs and CLI commands to monitor and troubleshoot vRealize Automation
1 Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
2 vRealize Automation Overview and Architecture
- Describe the purpose and functionality of vRealize Automation
- Describe the vRealize Automation architecture
- Describe the use of VMware Workspace ONE® AccessTM
- Describe the relationship between Kubernetes clusters, containers, and vRealize Automation services
- Describe CLI commands for vRealize Automation 8 cluster management
- Describe Cloud Assembly
- Describe Service Broker
- Describe Code Stream
3 vRealize Automation Installation
- List the different vRealize Automation deployment types
- Explain the purpose of vRealize easy installer
- Recognize the vRealize Automation installation process
4 Authentication and Authorization
- Identity the steps involved in integrating Workspace One with Active Directory
- Recognize features of Workspace One
- Recognize the user roles available in vRealize Automation
- Identify the key tasks performed by each user role
5 Basic Initial Configuration
- Quickly create a basic configuration with a cloud account, cloud zone, project, flavor mapping, and image mapping
6 Creating and Deploying a Basic Blueprint
- Configure a basic blueprint
- Deploy a basic blueprint
7 Tags and Storage Configuration
- Configure tags
- Configure storage profiles
- Describe volumes
- Use tags and storage profiles in a blueprint
8 Advanced Blueprints
- Use YAML coding in blueprints, including user inputs, text formatting, and conditional expressions
- Create a blueprint for multiple clouds
- Use iterative design and version control in blueprints
9 Integrating NSX-T Data Center
- List the capabilities and use cases of NSX-T Data Center
- Describe the NSX-T Data Center architecture and components
- Integrate NSX-T Data Center with vRealize Automation
- List the supported network profiles in vRealize Automation
- Use NSX-T Data Center components to design a multitier application blueprint
- Identify the network and security options available in design canvas
10 Cloud Accounts
- Configure and use an AWS cloud account
- Configure and use an Azure cloud account
- Configure and use a Google Cloud Platform cloud account
11 Service Broker
- Describe the use case of Service Broker
- Define content source and content sharing
- Define Service Broker policy enforcement
- Use custom forms for catalog items
12 Customization of Blueprints
- Describe cloudConfig and Cloud-Init
- Create vSphere virtual machine templates that can be used with Cloud-Init
- Use cloudConfig to customize the hostname
- Use cloudConfig to create users
- Use cloudConfig to install software
- Use cloudConfig to manage the power state
- Use cloudConfig to format disks and mount volumes
13 vRealize Automation Extensibility
- Describe ABX actions
- Set custom properties
- Create event topics
- Create subscriptions
- Create and use workflows
- Integrate vRealize Automation with vRealize Orchestrator
14 vRealize Automation and Kubernetes
- Describe Kubernetes
- Integrate vRealize Automation with Kubernetes clusters
15 vRealize Automation Monitoring, Logs, and Troubleshooting
- Describe different vRealize Automation log files
- Troubleshoot vRealize Automation
- Replace a vRealize Automation service pod
- Snapshot the vRealize Automation appliance
Frequently asked questions
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.