VMware Video on Demand offers a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training, delivering modular videos that can be accessed anytime, anywhere, and from any device.
VMware On Demand is a robust, self-paced learning solution delivering modular training combined with hands-on practice labs, giving you a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training.
- Compelling: Interactive modules with labs that build as you progress
- Official e-courseware
- Comprehensive: Rich content equivalent to classroom training that meets certification course requirements, including final assessments. Some courses also include bonus items like exam vouchers*
- Convenient: 30 days to access the content multiple times at your pace
*Exam vouchers only available where VMware include within the VOD bundle. Please contact us to find out if this bundle includes an exam voucher.
In this five-day course, you focus on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vCloud Director® for Service Providers 9.x. You learn about self-service provisioning, the creation of organizations, virtual data centers (VDCs), catalog services that include predefined virtual machines, and on-demand VMware NSX® networks.
This course covers interfacing VMware vCloud Director® with other systems using various APIs and the integration and use of VMware vCloud® Availability for vCloud Director®. You will understand how to manage multisite, cross-VDC networking for vCloud Director. You will also understand how to configure Central Point of Management (CPOM) to define a Software-defined Datacenter (SDDC) for tenant and provider users of vCloud Director. This course also discusses how to monitor various vCloud Director objects using VMware vRealize® Operations™, Tenant vApp, and VMware vRealize® Log Insight™.
This course is also available in an On Demand format. For more information, select this link: VMware vCloud Director: Install, Configure, Manage [V9.7 - On Demand.
- vCloud Director 9.x
- vCloud Availability for vCloud Director 3.0
- vSphere 6.x and later
- NSX 6.x and later
Customers, cloud architects, systems engineers, data center administrators, and cloud administrators with experience in managed services or managing a service provider environment
Completion of the following course is required:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.x] or equivalent knowledge
Completion of the following eLearning courses is recommended:
- VMware vCloud Director: Fundamentals [V8.x]
- VMware vSAN and HCI Fundamentals
- VMware Network Virtualization Fundamentals
- Substantial knowledge of TCP/IP networking is helpful.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Deploy vCloud Director
- Manage vCloud Director to satisfy service provider needs
- Create and manage vCloud Director organizations and vApps to satisfy business needs
- Create and manage vCloud Director catalogs
- Transfer virtual machine workloads from VMware vSphere® into and out of vCloud Director
- Configure networking for organizations and vApps with the help of NSX
- Use NSX to create hybrid cloud connectivity between public clouds and private clouds
- Discuss various customer onboarding scenarios involving vCloud Director
- Configure the integration with VMware vCloud® Availability for vCloud Director®
- Use VMware vCloud® Availability for hybrid cloud setup and onboarding
1 Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
2 vCloud Director Deployment and Configuration
- Define Software Defined Datacenter
- Discuss VMware offerings for Cloud-Based Services
- Understand the prerequisite to install vCloud Director
- Discuss the deployment options for vCloud Director
- Differentiate different deployment options, benefits, and disadvantages
- Discuss VMware Validated Design
3 vCloud Director Provider and Organization
- Configure and manage provider VDCs
- Identify storage, compute, and network resources for vCloud Director
- Create and manage organizations, including vCloud Director organization VDCs
- Discuss vCloud Director HTML5 UI
- Discuss HTML5-based Provider Portal and Tenant Portal
4 vCloud Director Organization VDC
- Organization VDC allocation models
- Recognize resource allocations for an organization
- Describe the network types available in vCloud Director (external, organization, and vApp)
- Discuss the organization and vApp network traffic choices
- Examine the function of network pools
- Discuss Compute Profiles
5 vApps and Catalogs
- Discuss the use of virtual machines
- Create and manage vApps
- Create and manage catalogs
- Manage vApp templates
- Create and manage vApp Networks
- Discuss vApp Network Traffic Choices
6 Users and Role-based Access
- Describe role-based access
- Create custom security roles
- Describe and configure LDAP integration with Active Directory
- Describe single sign-on
- Enable a SAML identity provider
- Describe two-factor authentication
- Discuss User bundle and role-based access control
7 vCloud Director Networking
- Identify key components in the architecture of VMware NSX® Data Center for vSphere®
- Describe how logical switches and distributed logical routers work
- Discuss edge services like NAT, DHCP, load balancer, and firewall
- Discuss the architecture of NSX- TTM Data Center
- Discuss vCloud Director supported features of NSX-T Data Center
- Discuss Multisite
- Configure Cross VDC Networking.
8 Resource Management and Monitoring
- Manage and monitor vSphere resources
- Manage and monitor Cloud resources
- Monitor vCloud Director environment using VMware vRealize® Operations ManagerTM
- Monitor vCloud Director environments with vRealize Operations Manager and vRealize Log Insight
- Manage billing and reports of vCloud Director objects using Tenant vApp
9 vCloud Extensibility
- Discuss Container Service Extension
- Explore vCD, CLI, and Container Service Extension
- Discuss Python SDK for vApp Deployment
- Discuss Terraform and vCloud Director
- Discuss VMware vRealize® OrchestratorTM Plug-in for vCloud Director
10 vCloud Director APIs
- Describe access to vCD objects using REST API calls
- Describe tools to access the API of vCloud Director objects
- Discuss different third-party API client tools
- Describe access to vCloud Director using Postman, Curl
- Describe access to vCloud Director using OpenAPI
- Create and update metadata on objects
- Access different vCloud objects using vCloud API
11 Customer Onboarding and Hybrid Cloud
- Discuss architecture for vCloud Availability for vCloud Director
- Review prerequisites of vCloud Availability for vCloud Director
- Discuss vCloud Availability for vCloud Director portal
- Review fail-over Virtual Machine options
- Discuss Virtual Machine replication to the Cloud
- Discuss On-Prem-to-Cloud migration
12 vCloud Director Troubleshooting
- Identify log locations for vCloud Director
- List the key services in vCloud Director
- Navigate through vCloud Director logs
- Capture vCloud Director log bundles
- Describe the troubleshooting approach for common vCloud Director issues
Frequently asked questions
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.