VMware Video on Demand offers a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training, delivering modular videos that can be accessed anytime, anywhere, and from any device.
VMware On Demand is a robust, self-paced learning solution delivering modular training combined with hands-on practice labs, giving you a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training.
- Compelling: Interactive modules with labs that build as you progress
- Official e-courseware
- Comprehensive: Rich content equivalent to classroom training that meets certification course requirements, including final assessments. Some courses also include bonus items like exam vouchers*
- Convenient: 30 days to access the content multiple times at your pace
*Exam vouchers only available where VMware include within the VOD bundle. Please contact us to find out if this bundle includes an exam voucher.
This hands-on training course provides you with the advanced knowledge, skills, and tools to achieve competence in operating and troubleshooting the VMware NSX® 6.4 environment. In this course, you are introduced to several operational, management, and troubleshooting tools. You will be presented with various types of technical problems, which you will identify, analyze, and solve through a systematic process.
This course is also available in an Instructor-Led Training (ILT) format. For more information, select this link: VMware NSX: Troubleshooting and Operations [V6.4].
- NSX 6.4
- VMware vRealize® Network Insight™
- VMware vRealize® Log Insight™
- Knowledge and working experience of computer networking, including:
- Switching and routing technologies (L2-3)
- Network and application delivery services (L4-7)
- Knowledge and working experience of vSphere
- Knowledge and working experience of NSX installation, configuration, management, and operations
Before taking this course, you ought to take either the VMware NSX: Install, Configure, Manage course or the VMware NSX for Internetworking Experts Fast Track course.
The VMware Certified Professional 6 – Network Virtualization (VCP6-NV) certification is recommended.
- Establish and apply a structured troubleshooting approach and methodology
- Explain the native NSX tools, VMware vRealize® Suite tools, and partner tools that are useful for monitoring, troubleshooting, and operations
- Explain the NSX infrastructure components and the communications between them
- Identify, analyze, and troubleshoot problems related to the NSX management, control, and data planes
- Identify, analyze and troubleshoot problems related to NSX logical switching, logical routing, and VMware NSX® Edge™ services
- Identify, analyze, and troubleshoot network security problems related to the NSX distributed firewall and the NSX Edge firewall
1 Course Introduction
- Introduction and course logistics
- Course objectives
- Resources and references
- Learning paths and certifications
2 Troubleshooting Methodology
- Develop a structured troubleshooting approach
- Differentiate between symptoms and root causes
- Identify and isolate problems residing in various areas
- Apply an appropriate methodology and procedure to troubleshooting
3 NSX Troubleshooting and Operational Tools
- Discuss NSX operational requirements
- Use the native NSX tools (such as the central CLI, the NSX dashboard, and Application Rule Manager) to solve various types of problems
- Use vRealize Network Insight to identify and analyze problems
- Use VMware vRealize® Log Insight™ Content Pack for NSX in troubleshooting and operations
4 Troubleshooting and Operating NSX Infrastructure
- Explain the NSX infrastructure and component communications
- Troubleshoot VMware NSX® Manager™ and the management plane
- Troubleshoot VMware NSX® Controller™ and the control plane
- Troubleshoot problems in host preparation
5 Troubleshooting and Operating NSX Logical Switches
- Explain VXLAN and logical switching components
- Verify the VXLAN and logical switch configuration and status
- Identify and troubleshoot common layer 2 configuration errors
- Use the GUI, the CLI, packet capture, traceflow, and other tools to troubleshoot logical switching problems
6 Troubleshooting and Operating NSX Logical Routers
- Describe the NSX logical routing architecture
- Explain routing components, functions, and communications
- Verify logical router configuration settings
- Use packet capture on routers and perform packet walk
- Use the GUI, the CLI, traceflow, and other tools to troubleshoot logical routing problems
Frequently asked questions
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.