VMware Video on Demand offers a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training, delivering modular videos that can be accessed anytime, anywhere, and from any device.
VMware On Demand is a robust, self-paced learning solution delivering modular training combined with hands-on practice labs, giving you a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training.
- Compelling: Interactive modules with labs that build as you progress
- Official e-courseware
- Comprehensive: Rich content equivalent to classroom training that meets certification course requirements, including final assessments. Some courses also include bonus items like exam vouchers*
- Convenient: 30 days to access the content multiple times at your pace
*Exam vouchers only available where VMware include within the VOD bundle. Please contact us to find out if this bundle includes an exam voucher.
This fast-paced course, equivalent to five days of training, provides comprehensive training on how to install, configure, and manage a VMware NSX-T™ Data Center environment. This course covers key NSX-T Data Center features and functionality offered in the NSX-T Data Center 2.4 release, including the overall infrastructure, logical switching, logical routing, networking and security services, micro-segmentation and firewalls, and so on.
Access to a software-defined data center environment is provided through hands-on labs to reinforce the skills and concepts presented in the course.
This course is also available in an Instructor-Led Training (ILT) format. For more information, select this link: VMware NSX-T Data Center: Install, Configure, Manage [V2.4].
Purchase this On Demand course and receive a free VCP Exam voucher to use toward certification.
NSX-T Data Center 2.4
- Good understanding of TCP/IP services
- Working experience of enterprise switching and routing
- Good understanding of network security and working experience with firewalls
Solid understanding of concepts presented in the following courses:
- VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals
- VMware Introduction to Network Virtualization with NSX
- VMware Network Virtualization Fundamentals
- Describe VMware Virtual Cloud Network and the NSX-T Data Center architecture
- Describe the NSX-T Data Center components and main functions
- Explain the NSX-T Data Center key features and benefits
- Deploy and configure NSX-T Data Center infrastructure
- Configure layer 2 logical switching and bridging
- Explain the tiered routing architecture and configure gateways
- Configure advanced services such as VPN and load balancing
- Describe the NSX-T Data Center security model with micro-segmentation
- Configure Distributed Firewall and Gateway Firewall to protect east-west and north-south traffic
- Explain advanced security enforcement with partner service insertion
- Integrate VMware Identity Manager™ with NSX-T Data Center and configure Role-Based Access Control
- Gather relevant information and perform basic troubleshooting with various tools
1 Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Overview of modules and course objectives
2 VMware Virtual Cloud Network and NSX-T Data Center
- Introduce VMware’s Virtual Cloud Network vision
- Discuss NSX-T Data Center solutions, use cases, and benefits
- Explain NSX-T Data Center architecture and components
- Describe VMware NSX® product portfolio and features
- Explain the management, control, data, and consumption planes and function
3 NSX-T Data Center Infrastructure Deployment
- Describe NSX Management Cluster
- Deploy VMware NSX® Manager™ nodes on VMware ESXi™ and KVM hypervisors
- Navigate through the NSX Manager UI
- Explain data plane components such as N-VDS, transport nodes, transport zones, profiles, and more
- Perform transport node preparation and establish the data center infrastructure
- Verify transport node status and connectivity
4 NSX-T Data Center Logical Switching
- Introduce key components and terminology in logical switching
- Describe the types of L2 segments and function
- Explain tunneling and the GENEVE encapsulation
- Configure logical segments and attach hosts using NSX Manager UI
- Describe the function and types of segment profiles
- Create segment profiles and apply them to segments and ports
- Explain the function of MAC, ARP, and TEP tables used in packet forwarding
- Demonstrate L2 unicast packet flow
- Explain ARP suppression and BUM traffic handling
5 NSX-T Data Center Logical Routing
- Describe the logical routing function and use cases
- Introduce the two-tier routing architecture, topologies, and components
- Explain the Tier-0 and Tier-1 Gateway functions
- Describe the logical router components: Service Router and Distributed Router
- Discuss the architecture and function of VMware NSX® Edge™ nodes
- Discuss deployment options of NSX Edge nodes
- Configure NSX Edge nodes and create NSX Edge clusters
- Configure Tier-0 and Tier-1 Gateways
- Examine the single-tier and multitier packet flow
- Configure static routing and dynamic routing
- Enable ECMP on Tier-0 Gateway
- Describe NSX Edge HA, failure detection, and failback modes
6 NSX-T Data Center Logical Bridging
- Describe the function of logical bridging
- Discuss the logical bridging use cases
- Compare routing and bridging solutions
- Explain the components of logical bridging
- Create bridge clusters and bridge profiles
7 NSX-T Data Center Services
- Describe NSX-T Data Center services
- Explain and configure Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Explain and configure DNS and DHCP services
- Describe the load-balancing function, topologies, components, and use cases
- Configure L4-L7 load balancing
- Discuss the IPSec VPN and L2 VPN function and use cases
- Configure IPSec VPN and L2 VPN using NSX Manager UI
8 NSX-T Data Center Security
- Introduce the NSX-T Data Center security approach and model
- Describe the micro-segmentation benefits and use cases
- Describe the Distributed Firewall architecture, components, and function
- Configure Distributed Firewall sections and rules
- Describe the Gateway Firewall architecture, components, and function
- Configure Gateway Firewall sections and rules
- Describe Network Introspection service insertion for east-west and north-south security
- Describe Endpoint Protection and use cases
- Discuss the integration and benefits of partner security solutions with NSX-T Data Center
9 User and Role Management
- Describe the function and benefits of VMware Identity Manager in NSX-T Data Center
- Integrate VMware Identity Manager with NSX-T Data Center
- Identify the various types of users, authentication policies, and permissions
- Use Role-Based Access Control to restrict user access
- Explain the built-in roles in VMware Identity Manager and role assignment to users
10 NSX-T Data Center Basic Troubleshooting
- Introduce the troubleshooting methodology and process
- Use various methods to collect local and remote log files
- Describe troubleshooting tools, such as IPFIX, Traceflow, Packet Capture, SPAN, and so on
- Solve basic problems related to installation, switching, routing, and firewalls
- Use CLI commands to verify the component configuration and status in NSX-T Data Center
- Online exam voucher
Frequently asked questions
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.