VMware Video on Demand offers a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training, delivering modular videos that can be accessed anytime, anywhere, and from any device.
VMware On Demand is a robust, self-paced learning solution delivering modular training combined with hands-on practice labs, giving you a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training.
- Compelling: Interactive modules with labs that build as you progress
- Official e-courseware
- Comprehensive: Rich content equivalent to classroom training that meets certification course requirements, including final assessments. Some courses also include bonus items like exam vouchers*
- Convenient: 30 days to access the content multiple times at your pace
*Exam vouchers only available where VMware include within the VOD bundle. Please contact us to find out if this bundle includes an exam voucher.
During this one-day course, you gain an understanding of the architecture and features of VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud™. This course provides extensive hands-on labs in which you enable core SD-WAN features, such as ensuring application performance using business policies, traffic redirections, and network service insertion.
Experienced system administrators, network administrators, and system integrators responsible for designing and implementing networking solutions
Strong knowledge of routing and switching is required.
- Discuss the SD-WAN architecture and platform deployment model options
- Identify and describe the SD-WAN solution components
- Explain the interaction between the SD-WAN Edge, Orchestrator, and Gateway components
- Describe the SD-WAN Software-Defined Networking (SDN) approach, traffic, and network flows
- Explore SD-WAN core features and evaluate how these dramatically improve operational automation
- Use SD-WAN features to perform simple, agile, and secure SD-WAN operations
- Simplify branch infrastructure by inserting network services on the branch edge, in the cloud, or in the regional and enterprise data centers
1 Course Introduction
- Introductions and Course Logistics
- Course Objectives
2 SD-WAN Architecture
- Architecture Overview
- Solutions Components
- Solution Components Interaction
- Traffic Flows
3 SD-WAN Core Features
- Application Performance and Business Policies
- Cloud VPN
- Service Insertion
- High Availability and Cluster
- Overlay Flow Control (Routing)
- Segmentation, PCI Compliance, and Firewall
- Deployment Flexibility and Using SD-WAN
Frequently asked questions
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.