VMware Video on Demand offers a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training, delivering modular videos that can be accessed anytime, anywhere, and from any device.
VMware On Demand is a robust, self-paced learning solution delivering modular training combined with hands-on practice labs, giving you a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training.
- Compelling: Interactive modules with labs that build as you progress
- Official e-courseware
- Comprehensive: Rich content equivalent to classroom training that meets certification course requirements, including final assessments. Some courses also include bonus items like exam vouchers*
- Convenient: 30 days to access the content multiple times at your pace
*Exam vouchers only available where VMware include within the VOD bundle. Please contact us to find out if this bundle includes an exam voucher.
This course provides you with the skills to build private cloud using VMware® Integrated OpenStack on VMware-proven SDDC. This course builds your VMware Integrated OpenStack installing, configuring, and managing skills through a combination of lecture and hands-on labs. You will learn how to offer IaaS and PaaS with advanced networking and security features to end users using VMware Integrated OpenStack.
This course is also available in an Instructor-Led Training (ILT) format. For more information, select this link: VMware Integrated Openstack: Install, Configure, Manage [V5].
- VMware Integrated OpenStack 5.0
- Cloud architects, systems engineers, data center administrators, and cloud administrators with experience in a service provider or managed services environment.
This course requires the completion of the following course:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.7] or equivalent knowledge
- VMware Integrated OpenStack Fundamentals
- VMware Network Virtualization Fundamentals
Substantial knowledge of Linux administration and TCP/IP networking is helpful.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe how VMware Integrated OpenStack fits into the VMware SDDC and its use cases
- List the deployment options and how to install VMware Integrated OpenStack
- Describe the architecture of VMware Integrated OpenStack and its components
- Configure tenancy and manage user authentication
- Integrate with VMware NSX® for vSphere® and VMware NSX-T™ networking platforms
- Deploy and manage virtual machine instances
- Manage containers using VMware Integrated OpenStack with Kubernetes
- Monitor VMware Integrated OpenStack with built-in tools and integrate with VMware vRealize® Operations™ and VMware vRealize® Log Insight™
- Design an auto-scale, multitier application using built-in automation tools
- List the commands, configuration files, log files, and database tables used by VMware Integrated OpenStack components
1 Course Introduction
- Review course goals
- Review course objectives
2 Introduction to VMware Integrated OpenStack
- Describe what OpenStack is
- Describe the services that make up OpenStack
- Describe what VMware Integrated OpenStack is
- Describe what NFV is and how VMware Integrated OpenStack fits in
- Understand the licensing model of VMware Integrated OpenStack
- Understand the features of VMware Integrated OpenStack
3 VMware Integrated OpenStack Deployment
- Understand the roles of OpenStack Management Server and Ansible
- List the deployment models
- Prerequisites for installing VMware Integrated OpenStack
- Perform a VMware Integrated OpenStack high-availability deployment
- Patch and upgrade a VMware Integrated OpenStack environment
4 VMware Integrated OpenStack Architecture
- List the VMs deployed after a VMware Integrated OpenStack high-availability installation
- Understand the overall architecture of a VMware Integrated OpenStack high-availability setup
- List the VMware Integrated OpenStack services running within each VM
- Understand the role of each VMware Integrated OpenStack service
- Understand SSL certificates in VMware Integrated OpenStack
5 Keystone Authentication
- Understand Keystone use cases and services
- List the features offered by Keystone
- How to integrate Keystone with LDAP
- Configuration files, log files, and database tables related to keystone
6 Glance Images
- Understand Glance use cases and services
- List the features offered by Glance
- Create flavors and images
- List the configuration files, log files, and database tables related to Glance
7 Networking with Neutron
- Understand Neutron use cases and services
- Integrate Neutron with VMware vSphere® Distributed SwitchTM
- Integrate Neutron with NSX for vSphere
- Integrate Neutron with NSX-T
- List the configuration files, log files, and database tables related to Neutron
8 Managing Instances with Nova
- Understand Nova use cases and services
- Understand availability zones and host aggregates
- Understand the concept of tenant VDCs
- Deploy and manage instances using Nova
- Resize an instance and view its console logs
- Configuration and log files related to Nova services
9 Cinder Block Storage
- Understand Cinder use cases and services
- List the features of Cinder
- Add a persistent volume to an instance
- Snapshot and backup Cinder volume
- List the configuration files, log files, and database tables related to Cinder
10 Monitoring with Ceilometer
- List the Telemetry use cases and services
- Enable Ceilometer in VMware Integrated OpenStack
- Monitor instances using Ceilometer
- Configuration and log files related to Ceilometer service
11 Automating with Heat
- Define Heat use cases and services
- Build a Heat orchestration template
- Deploy resources using a Heat orchestration template
12 Kubernetes Integration
- Introduction to Docker and Kubernetes
- Deploy VMware Integrated OpenStack with Kubernetes
- Manage containers using Kubernetes
13 Troubleshooting Concepts
- Common issues in VMware Integrated OpenStack
- Tools used to troubleshoot VMware Integrated OpenStack
14 Advanced Features
- LBaaS and its use cases
- FWaaS and its use cases
- DNSaaS and its use cases
- Auto-scaling using Heat
- Using hardware passthrough
Frequently asked questions
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.