Circadence’s Project Ares is an award-winning, gamified cyber security learning platform that helps novice and seasoned cyber professionals keep skills sharp against evolving cyber threats. The simulation platform uniquely combines machine learning, single- and multiplayer exercises, and offensive and defensive missions that mirror real-life threat scenarios.
Project Ares Enterprise includes access to Media Center, Mini-Games, and Battle Rooms and Mission Scenarios. Customer users are deployed in an organizational separation within the cloud to allow for team chat, leader board, trainer view and reporting.
Anytime, anywhere training access allows for practice of real-world situations in a 24/7, online, safe environment.
Game-based learning keeps users engaged and excited about continuous training, helping them see the true value of their capabilities. Hands-on training and active-learning models increase retention rates by 75 percent, so users can prepare for real-world threats.
Library of scenarios provides levels of experiential depth that helps users thrive in varied situations, so professionals can feel confident in managing and resolving any critical issue.
Skill-specific virtual settings help perfect skill strengths and toughen weaknesses so you can be prepared to strategically resolve any situation that comes your way. Comprehensive ecosystem feeds threat data to improve training so relevant skills are honed to perfection.
Project Ares is ideal for any organisation looking to level-up their cybersecurity training for leadership and teams alike. Keep current with preventative measures so you can take an active role in advancing the maturity of the cybersecurity profession and be better prepared to defender your organisation.
Players can track and print a certificate of completion and submit CPE credits for (ISC)2 , ISACA and CompTIA through the platform or submit a request for completion at circadence.com.
Skill and tool training:
- Constantly-evolving training scenario library provides offensive and defensive scenarios at varying levels of difficulty
- Media centre provides 100+ hours of learning material in a curated collection of documents, videos, and web resources for all things cyber
- Learning games provide specific skill practice (work role certifications, matching ports and protocols, regular expressions, and more)
- Trainer View for team or class performance assessment to manage cross-team skill gaps and build ROI
- Chat service lets players learn together and build community; discuss cyber issues, in-game challenges, and leader board stats
- Player performance is recorded and awarded by a showcase of skills, trophies, and badges of accomplishment
- Scale cyber training to meet specific readiness requirements and regulations
- Microsoft Azure cloud infrastructure makes training accessible and secure
- Each scenario spins up an individual cyber ranges
Automated features support skills adoption:
- In-game advisor ‘Athena’ guides players through scenario challenges
- Automated adversary responds to players for added challenge
- Automated scoring of player and opponent actions with replay for objective assessment
Player actions culminate to inform models on best tactics for scenarios
The Project ARES Academy includes Cyber Skills games and Battle Rooms.
Cyber Skills Assessments:
Scenarios designed to help assess skill levels. They are played individually and have no specified learning objectives and there are no hints or help. Players enter into an environment and must use the skills they have to complete the stated activity, finding integrated ‘flags’ along the way.
Scenarios designed to help instructors train and assess skills of their learners on a set of fundamental tasks specific to a topic. Foundational building blocks that all cyber security professionals must be proficient to participate in modern day offensive and defensive operations. Played individually and allow instructors the choice to enable or disable hints to tailor the learning experience. Users enter the environment and are provided a simple network environment, instructions and a list of tasks to complete.
The Ares Battle Rooms are;
- QAARESBR1: Project Ares Battle Room 1 - Systems Integrator
- QAARESBR2: Project Ares Battle Room 2 - Network Analysis
- QAARESBR5: Project Ares Battle Room 5 - Intelligence Analyst
- QAARESBR6: Project Ares Battle Room 6 - Linux Basics
- QAARESBR8: Project Ares Battle Room 8 - Traffic Analysis
- QAARESBR9: Project Ares Battle Room 9 - Forensics
- QAARESBR10: Project Ares Battle Room 10 - Scripting
- QAARESBR11: Project Ares Battle Room 11 - System Analysis
- QAARESBR21: Project Ares Battle Room 21 – PowerShell Fundamentals
Scenarios designed to help players and instructors train and assess skill levels of their learners within a realistic story that is either offensive or defensive (i.e. ransomware attack on a hospital). The network environment is more complex than a Battle Room scenario and requires the learner(s) to combine multiple skill sets to complete the learning objectives. Played individually, or instructors can allow teams to learn together. Instructors can choose to enable or disable hints and enter the scenario to tailor the learning experience. Users enter an environment and are given mission orders, rules of engagement and must use their skills to compete objectives.
The Ares Offensive Missions are:
- QAARESMIS1: Project Ares Mission - Disable Botnet – Operation Goatherd
- QAARESMIS2: Project Ares Mission - Stop Terrorist Financing – Operation Bear Treat
- QAARESMIS3: Project Ares Mission - Intercept Attack Plans – Operation Desert Whale
- QAARESMIS9: Project Ares Mission - Manipulate Industrial Control System – Operation Mongoose
The Ares Defensive Missions are:
- QAARESMIS4: Project Ares Mission - Stop Malicious Process – Operation Artic Cobra
- QAARESMIS5: Project Ares Mission - Protect Financial Institution – Operation Wounded Bear
- QAARESMIS6: Project Ares Mission - Respond to Phishing and Exfil – Operation Angry Tiger
- QAARESMIS8: Project Ares Mission - Defend ICS/SCADA System – Operation Ocean View
- QAARESMIS10: Project Ares Mission - Stop Ransomware Attack – Crimson Wolf
- QAARESMIS12: Project Ares Mission - Defend Against Web Attack – Operation Bold Hermit
- QAARESMIS13: Project Ares Mission - Power Grid Incident Response – Operation Black Dragon
Frequently asked questions
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.