QA is proud to be the UK official partner with Offensive Security.
WHAT ARE THE PROVING GROUNDS?
The Offensive Security Proving Grounds (PG) are a modern network for practicing penetration testing skills on exploitable, real-world vectors. They’re based on the course labs featured in the pentesting course for the OSCP
certification, Penetration Testing with Kali Linux (PWK). The labs simulate a complete enterprise network containing dozens of exploit points, ranging in difficulty from simple to sophisticated. They serve as a battleground for penetration testers and enterprise teams to practice, learn, and improve in a realistic environment.
Your team members will develop and hone their penetration testing skills against situations and surfaces they would encounter on a real pen test, within the most robust enterprise network simulation available. In addition to in-network exploit points, use cases also include social engineering, phishing emails, man-in-the middle attacks, social tools and other common vulnerabilities present in today’s real-world networks.
Great care has gone into creating a network of over forty machines with multiple operating systems. These are configured to represent a range of installations, from locked-down modern servers to classic configurations still found in networks everywhere. The systems deployment mirrors real-world situations, complete with network segmentation and IPS-protected “high security” zones.
Real exploitations serve as the basis for all scenarios, ensuring the experience is as genuine as possible. Our industry experts develop and implement new exploits every quarter so that your teams can continue to develop their professional pentesting skills in a safe yet highly realistic corporate environment.
- Allows for interesting pivots and expanding possibilities
- Recreates corporate environments
- Practice different techniques relevant to a specific OS
- Difficulty ranges from easy to expert
- Our labs grow as we discover new exploits
- We use our Exploit Database and pen test assessments to ensure the Proving Grounds stay updated
- Users are exposed to scenarios they’d encounter in the real world
WHO ARE THE PROVING GROUNDS FOR?
We created the hosted virtual labs as a next step for experienced penetration testers and those who have completed the OSCP examination. Our challenging labs can frustrate even the most confident of information security professionals, providing an excellent training opportunity. However, understanding how systems are penetrated is beneficial to many other IT and technical roles, including:
- Systems and network admins
- Web application developers
- Software engineers
- Security architects, analysts, and engineers
- Exploit development researchers
- Information security consultants
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN PROVING GROUNDS?
Pentesters can expect to practice on:
- Modern MS Windows domain infrastructure
- Windows Defender AV bypass
- Linux production environments
- Active Directory
Complex attack vectors are included and new machines last 90 days.
Attack simulations include:
- Man-in-the-middle attacks
- Server message blocking (SMB)
- Phishing emails
- Web and mobile apps
- File server attacks
- Pivoting / lateral movement
- Custom exploits
- Reverse engineering apps
- Buffer overflow, injection, and password attacks
- Privilege escalation
- Information gathering
- Metasploit framework
- WhatsApp (coming soon)
PROVING GROUNDS OPTIONS
Proving Grounds Enterprise Edition is a completely private network simulation environment for anyone involved in pentesting. It includes a master admin account for customizable functionality, along with access to both analytics and progress reports. Our Teams edition (QAPROVEG) is for growing teams (5+ members) looking to take their corporate pentesting experience to the next level.