QA has partnered with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) to launch an exciting new learning pathway which will help you take the first step towards achieving full professional manager status. The Foundation Chartered Manager pathway combines content that can be explored in the flow of work with socialised learning and 1:1 coaching sessions with QA’s Certified CMI Coaches.
This flexible pathway allows learners to tailor their own development by selecting the digital modules most relevant to their workplace. QA is unique in supplementing self-study with both interactive think-tanks – which allow learners to connect, share experiences, and focus their learning application - and coaching sessions, which facilitate progress check-ups, 1:1 coaching, and goal setting. For learners, the commitment is one day per month (2 hours digital, 3.5 hours online virtual, and 30 mins coaching).
- Self-Study: Learners can choose from 6 topics, each of which is comprised of 3 digital modules. Learners use the CMI portal to access these digital modules, as well as a number of bespoke QA-curated assets that support the programme. Throughout the duration of the programme, participants benefit from temporary membership to CMI and, on completion, get a 6-month extension of their membership.
- Think-tanks: QA will support the self- study elements by organising regular think tanks: facilitated virtual sessions that provide the opportunity to activate learning through review, reflection, and planning and encourage peer and individual feedback on next steps.
- The Coaching Sessions will be focused on each learner’s module choice and will help individuals set and achieve goals for applying their learning. Learners will be assigned a coach when they join the programme.
QA is a CMI Chartered Manager Assessment Centre, which means that our Certified Coaches have a CMI Level 5 Qualification and support the learners in achieving the standards required for their chosen pathway. Our approach is differentiated from other providers through the addition of 1:1 quality coaching and virtual think tank sessions, both of which are led by QA experts. These sessions connect learners with QA-coaches and with each another to share experiences, review their learning, and link to their own context. The new digital pathways will also be constantly refreshed with new learning assets.
- Managers who have been promoted based on technical ability and now have people responsibilities
- Individuals who want recognition for their experience of managing people but may not have a professional management qualification
- Learners who want to learn at their own pace
- Individuals who wish to start the journey towards a professional status but who may currently lack relevant experience or qualifications
Suggested minimum 5 years’ experience in a management role, if intending to progress to Fast Track. If undertaking the Foundation pathway only, then no entry criteria apply.
On completion of this pathway, you will be able to:
- apply learning from your chosen module topics to your own context.
- implement your dynamic action plan and get feedback.
- demonstrate how your learning is aligned with the CMI code of Practice.
- continue your learning using the extended CMI membership by accessing the Management Direct Portal.
- utilise and apply feedback from your coach and your line manager to identify further opportunities for development.
- consider your next steps on the pathway to full chartered manager status.
Digital Topics and Modules
Learners choose a total of three modules to focus on from any topic. Each module is linked to CMI Level 5 outcomes.
- Why change happens
- Approaches to change
- Initiating and planning change
Managing Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Legal and organisational approaches
- Role and responsibilities of a manager
- Develop and implement plans and reports
Leading in a Digital Age
- Approaches to managing and leading teams in a digital age
- Equipping high-performing teams with the right skills and experience
- Managing and leading hybrid teams
- What is conflict?
- Resolving conflict in the workplace
- Knowledge, skills, and behaviours for managing conflict
Data-Driven Decision Making
- Understanding data to make decisions
- Impact of data on decision making
- Interpreting and presenting data
Managing Projects to Achieve Success
- Principles of managing projects
- Project life cycle
- Tools and techniques for project success
Frequently asked questions
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.