This course explores different learning methods and media to enable organisations to provide more flexible, accessible and cost-effective learning opportunities. It will be valuable for those seeking to extend their capabilities beyond face-to-face training to take advantage of both formal and informal learning opportunities along with digital tools.
What's included in the course?
- Weekly one hour tutor-led webinar sessions (5 in total) facilitating group discussions
- 3-4 hours self-study each week to incude forums, research, reading and project work
- Tutor support
- Access to online resources
What the delegates will learn
- What is blended learning and the advantages to both employees and the organisation
- What are the ingredients of a blended learning solution?
- Identify the 3-step practical logical approach to design a blended solution ensuring effectiveness and efficiency
- What are the different digital tools available and how to apply them?
- Identify the common concerns of implementing a blended approach and tips of how to overcome these
- Experience a variety of learning technologies through both formal and informal learning activities during the course to see what you can apply to your organisation
Other TAP Certificates that might be of interest are:
- eLearning Design
- Designing Performance Support Resources
- Online Facilitation Skills
Any L&D professional who wish to learn more about blended learning for a more modern day learning environment and how to apply it to their practice.
- Delegates write a blended learning proposal for their organisation to meet the TAP Blended Learning Profile
- Participate in the weekly activities and assignments
Week 1 - The Changing Shape of Learning
- Tutor-led online session: ‘The Changing Shape of Learning’ (1 hour)
- Reasons for why L&D need to think differently
- Taking blended learning beyond the classroom
- What is the definition of blended learning?
- Advantages of blended learning
- Self-study- blended learning wiki activity and project work (approx. 3 hours)
Week 2 - The Logical Approach
- Tutor-led online session: ‘The Logical Approach’ (1 hour)
- Analyse the learning requirement, audience characteristics and practical constraints
- Determine the relevant training strategy
- Select learning methods to match the learning need
- Match appropriate media options (ie. face to face classroom, digital)
- Self-study activities- selecting different media options for learning, online quiz, research task and project work (approx. 3 hours)
Week 3 - Experimenting with Digital Tools
- Tutor-led online session: ‘Experimenting with Digital Tools’ (1 hour)
- Share research from week 3
- What are the main digital tools to consider?
- Self-study activities- experiment building an online resource, case study and project work (approx. 3 hours)
Week 4 - Challenges and Implementation Tips
- Tutor-led online session: ‘Challenges and Implementation Tips’ (1 hour)
- Share example online resources for tutor/peer feedback
- Challenges and concerns of implementing blended learning
- Scenario discussion
- Top 10 implementation tips
- Self-study activities- case study and finalise your project work (approx. 3 hours)
Week 5 - Wrap up and feedback
- Submit your completed blended learning proposal for tutor feedback
- Tutor-led online session: ‘Wrap up and feedback session’ (1 hour)
- Share key points from your blended learning proposal
- Action plans and next steps
Frequently asked questions
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.