The attainment of accreditations offered by professional bodies such as the Association for Project Management (APM) is increasingly recognised as an indicator of competence in project management.
Project management methods, of which PRINCE2® is the paradigm, offer the project manager a tried and tested structure and guidance in support of 'what, when, where and who', with two notable exceptions; PRINCE2® offers limited guidance on 'why' and 'how', in that there are no detailed project management tools and techniques covered as part of the method. This is the remit of the APM Project Management qualification (PMQ) for PRINCE2® Practitioners.
This intensive eLearning course provides learners with comprehensive knowledge and understanding to prepare them for the PMQ for PRINCE2® Practitioners examination (based on the APM Body of Knowledge, 7th Edition).
The PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners is specifically designed for registered PRINCE2 Practitioners.
This eLearning course is aimed at anyone with pre-existing project management knowledge who holds a current PRINCE2® Practitioner qualification.
Delegates who attend this course are expected to have a minimum of 2 years' experiece in managing projects.
- To attend this course you must be a registered PRINCE2 Practitioner. If you are not a registered PRINCE2 Practitioner (either you have not passed PRINCE2 Practitioner or it has lapsed) you should book on the PMQ course.
- You will be required to prove you are a registered PRINCE2 Practitioner before being able to sit this exam. Failure to prove your registered PRINCE2 Practitioner status will mean you will not be able to sit your exam.
- Understand how organisations and projects are structured
- Understand project lifecycles
- Understand the situational context of projects
- Understand communication within project management
- Understand the principles of leadership and teamwork
- Understand planning for success
- Understand project scope management
- Understand schedule and resource optimisation
- Understand project procurement
This course covers provides comprehensive coverage of the PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners syllabus aligned to the Body of Knowledge 7. The PMQ syllabus for PRINCE2 Practitioners contains:
- 9 learning outcomes (above). The full PMQ syllabus has 11 learning outcomes, as 2 of them are covered by PRINCE2 Practitioner you will only be examined on the 9 learning outcomes.
- 47 assessment criteria – the specific topics you are required to know. The full PMQ syllabus has 73 assessment criteria and as 26 of them are covered by PRINCE2 Practitioner you will only be examined on the remaining 47 assessment criteria.
The PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners syllabus showing full topic coverage is available on the APM website.
The way our course is structured is that it follows a lifecycle approach, rather than following the sections in the PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners syllabus. Our structure enables you to understand how the tools, skills and techniques are applied at each phase of a project.
A full breakdown of subject areas is provided below:
- Projects and project management
- Programme and portfolio management
- Temporary structures (matrix, functional and project)
- Implementing strategy
- Regulatory environment
- Stakeholder engagement
- Investment decisions
- Requirements management
- Scope management
- Resource optimisation
- Cost planning
- Information management
- Knowledge management
- Progress monitoring and reporting
- Configuration management
- Team development
- Conflict management
Frequently asked questions
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.